Author Topic: 911 ARS routing  (Read 3406 times)

Offline mah437

• Contributer
    • View Profile
911 ARS routing
« on: February 17, 2015, 03:24:45 PM »
Two Sites,  A and B. using built in VM and MLAA.
All of the phones use site A as their home element,  mostly to have all of the voice mail at one location.
Site A extensions start with either a 2xxx, 6xxx or a 7xxx.
Site B extensions all start with a 1xxx.

Since the phones will use the ARS of their home element.  Is there a way to get the 1xxx extensions to use the trunks at site B when 911 is called.

Or what are the voice mail ramifications if I just move all of the Site B phones over to site B as their home element.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 911 ARS routing
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 04:21:08 PM »
You could setup a route list for 911 calls and use class of restriction groups to have them dial back through site b

Offline JasonTL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 01:00:36 PM »
Sorry to hijack a thread, but my question relates to this and didn't want to start a new thread.

I have a customer with 7 offices in different psap locations. They all come back to one location with one PBX and one SIP trunk. Is their an "easy" way to differentiate the 911 calls by extension/location in the controller? I think you could build a route list for the extensions, but if they all use the same SIP trunk, how can it break them down?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 01:21:47 PM »
If they're all using the same SIP trunk then talk to your SIP provider.
What will need to be done is establish a number assigned to each of your locations.
Then via the Emergency Management Forms you assign the related number to each of your phones.
Then in ARS be sure 911 calls are set to route out an "emergency" route.
When a call goes out it will send that number to the SIP provider and they route it to the appropriate PSAP.

Be sure that each number that is assigned for 911 can be called and answered.

Ralph

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 08:22:40 PM »
I would add that with that many sites route list won't work

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 09:50:28 PM »
As an alternative to ARS lists, we just implemented "Location Based Call Routing"  for E911 and it's worked pretty well for us.

You can even set a "Zone" CESID so that you wouldn't have to program the CESID on every phone. (Or count on future techs remembering that step.)

Offline idxman01

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 01:49:46 AM »
As an alternative to ARS lists, we just implemented "Location Based Call Routing"  for E911 and it's worked pretty well for us.

You can even set a "Zone" CESID so that you wouldn't have to program the CESID on every phone. (Or count on future techs remembering that step.)

I haven't poured through the docs yet, any tips on location based call routing?  It sounds like this may help us for e911 as well, per the below topic.  The key is to either be able to change the cesid based on the 3300/PRI it goes out or have a quick way for us to change this when we know the primary site will be down.

http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=7491

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 07:31:18 PM »
You setup zones for locations and depending on size they may need more than one. You add the cesid to the zone and create the emergency route that the location based dial plan uses.

Basically it replaces the outbond caller id with what the cesid value is for the zone that the extension is in. The newest software I think allows you to group zones into a single unit to avoid compression

Offline idxman01

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 12:56:24 PM »
Thanks Johnp, this ended up being the solution with a tweak.

1 - I didn't realize you could tie phones to zones manually instead of dynamically based on subnet.  So that makes it easy for buildings with multiple floors/areas.

2 - For this to work on the second HA node I had to disable sync on the zone/cesid form.  (whatever it is)  This probably isn't recommended, however, this is the only way I could specify a different cesid based on the 3300/PRI the call is going through.

eg:

zone 1/primary 3300: 123-444-5555
zone 1/secondary 3300: 999-888-7777

^ both numbers are mapped to the same physical address per telco e911 DB folks.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10