Author Topic: UC360 Video Calls  (Read 2211 times)

Offline vanderetto

• Contributer
    • View Profile
UC360 Video Calls
« on: February 11, 2015, 07:11:44 AM »
Hi All,

We have 2 x UC360's in our organisation. Both are effectively on the same WAN and are on their own vLAN.

When I dial the 4 digit extension number of the other UC360 and it gets answered, the video gets enabled and I can successfully establish a video to video call. All good.

However, each of the UC360's has an associated Direct Dial Number. When I try the same exercise calling the other UC360's DD number, the option to view video isn't there, so I only end up with an audio call.

Can anyone help me and tell me what I'm missing in my setup please?

Thanks,
Bob

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: UC360 Video Calls
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 10:28:02 AM »
That sounds like how it should work. When you dial the internal extension, the call is set up as a SIP session between the 2 endpoints, where video can be added. Once you go outside of the internal network to the PSTN, the call is only SIP between the UC360 and the SIP server, so the option to add video to the SIP session no longer exists.

Offline vanderetto

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 11:59:26 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I was under the impression that making an external call from either of the UC360's to another video enabled conference phone (not even another UC360 necessarily) would allow video as well as audio (via the H.264 codec, or similar).

This is all pretty new to me, so forgive me if my assumptions are completely wrong.

Thanks,
Bob

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 11:24:10 AM »
I was under the impression that making an external call from either of the UC360's to another video enabled conference phone (not even another UC360 necessarily) would allow video as well as audio (via the H.264 codec, or similar).

Sure, but you have to be able to communicate using that protocol over the connection between the endpoints. What does that look like in your case? If it's just a PRI or other TDM-based trunk, there's no method to transmit the H.264 signal across the call path.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10