Author Topic: attendant console with multiple nodes  (Read 3337 times)

Offline jeffmoss26

• Contributer
    • View Profile
attendant console with multiple nodes
« on: February 06, 2015, 10:40:36 AM »
We have a 5000 system with 2 nodes.  My office is Node 1, our remote office is Node 2. The receptionist at Node 2 uses Attendant Console on her PC and is able to see all of the Node 2 phones without issue We have a few people who work in the remote office but their phones are on Node 1 and the receptionist would like to see their status on her console. The Node 1 phones are set as
IP/Digital Off-Node devices on Node 2 and vise-versa.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: attendant console with multiple nodes
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 10:47:53 AM »
You'll need the appropriate multi-node licensing on the application. With only one remote node, I'm not sure if you'll need a CT Gateway to collect OAI data.

Offline jeffmoss26

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 11:27:42 AM »
We do have a CT Gateway here, I am not really familiar with it though...I learned on the Axxess years back as you know, I started this job a month ago so I'm getting back into the Inter-Tel/Mitel world.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 01:12:49 PM »
Jeffmoss26,

The CT Gateway is most likely because you have multiple applications or users trying to get system information from both sites. So in this case it would be to allow your attendant to see OAI information from Node 1 and Node 2.

What DND ON is referring to is whether or not your Attendant Console is Multi-Node or Single Node licensed. If it is Single-Node then there is nothing you can do but get it upgraded to Multi-Node to get this to work. If it is Multi-Node Licensed then you just need to setup the second node for her console in order for her to see the information.

Thanks,

TE

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 02:02:40 PM »
Mitel (Inter-Tel) Attendant Console comes in two flavors: Single-Node (Stand Alone) & Multi-Node (Networked)

Currently your Node2 console is pointed to the Node2 system. If your Node2 Console software turns out to be licensed  for Multi-Node, all you need to do is point it the the CT-Gateway instead of the Node2 system. The CT-Gateway combines the info of both Nodes. If it is Single-Node, it will need an upgrade to Multi-Node first.

After it has connected to CT-Gateway, you will have the ability to hide any of the Node1 extensions that you don't want the Node2 operator to see/monitor, if needed.

Offline jeffmoss26

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 02:52:56 PM »
Thanks for the info guys. I think we're just going to leave it as is, since she really only wanted to see 4 phones from Node 1...does not make much sense to spend the money upgrading for only 4 phones.

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 07:48:02 PM »
If you have licenses available, you could move/build those four to Node2. Then both operators could see them. :)

Offline jeffmoss26

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 09:54:23 AM »
We only have one operator, at Node 2. Everything at Node 1 is done through automated attendant and call center.
These 4 phones need to be in Node 1 because the users work out of this office, but are physically located in the Node 2 office.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10