Author Topic: Caller ID not showing on some cell phones  (Read 2474 times)

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Caller ID not showing on some cell phones
« on: February 04, 2015, 09:31:11 AM »
Anybody else having this happening? 5000HX 5.1.0.20

The following is some info provided by carrier:

Calling party number parameter                             
00001010             Parameter name              10           Calling party number
00000111             Length indicator               7              $07
0-------  Odd even indicator         0              even
-0000011              Nature of address indicator         3              unique national (significant) number
0-------  Spare    0              -
-001---- Numbering plan indicator             1              ISDN (Telephony) numbering plan (Recommendation E.164)
----00-- Address presentation restricted indicator             0              presentation allowed
------00 Screening indicator         0              reserved (for user provided, not screened)
--------   Address signals                 248XXXXXXX

The parameters that I advised were direct information sent to us from AT&T after multiple customers reported the same issue as yours. I recommend updating this parameter in your PBX. If this does not resolve the issue, the affected terminating user will need to engage their carrier directly to troubleshoot. From the Windstream network perspective, there is no difference in the parameters on the call. Ultimately, we can never fully guarantee caller ID to cell phones because of issues like this. I can see that the call is not being restricted, the necessary parameters are set to populate caller ID, and the calls are connecting to the terminating end. AT&T has advised us that, as advised, the parameters on the calls need to be set as follows;

NATURE OF ADDRESS INDICATOR needs to be set to UNIQUE NATIONAL or NATIONAL
NUMBERING PLAN INDICATOR needs to be set to ISDN
SCREENING INDICATOR needs to be set to USER PROVIDED, PASSED NETWORK SCREENING

From what I gather they are looking for a screening indicator value of 01 as opposed to 00

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Caller ID not showing on some cell phones
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 08:52:12 PM »
Johnp,

I am assuming that you are trying to propagate CID out? Anyway, I have not had that issue, but I am sure that we are not able to change the screening indicator nor do we actually set that. Normally by default it is "assumed" [user provided, not screened] if nothing is set for that presentation value. I also believe, and I could be wrong since I haven't worked CO side in a long time, that the 01 encoding is treated by the network as [user provided, not screened] when it is sent instead of [user provided, verified and passed] as we have no real way to verify; so basically the end result is the same.

Have you turned on your D-Channel Diagnostics and verified that you are sending everything out correctly? Did this problem just start after it had been working or are you trying to implement this and not having any success?

Thanks,

TE

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Caller ID not showing on some cell phones
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 09:45:35 AM »
Just found some further info on this. I appears to be a known issue with cellular voice over lte implementation

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10