Author Topic: Fatal Exception Error displayed on IP phones  (Read 3502 times)

Offline mszodiac

• View Profile
Fatal Exception Error displayed on IP phones
« on: January 29, 2015, 08:08:16 PM »
Hi Everyone.  I'm hoping to get any tip asap since this is affecting a lot of clients.  I know there are posts on "Fatal Exception Error" on the phones but there's no exact solution.

I've attached the snapshot of the error on the 5330e phone.

Here's the symptoms:
1) The PC loses network connectivity.
2) The phone buttons light up but no display at all.  It remains at this state for 20-30 minutes.
3) The phone then reboots for a few seconds then displays the fatal error.  It does another reboot and fatal error continues to display.
4) Removing the network cable and reconnecting it clears the fatal error.  The phone completes it boot cycle.

It seems coincidental that this issue started happening after WakeOnLan V2 was pushed to the PCs.  Also, the network team added Network Admission Control on the switches.  All these make it difficult to pinpoint the exact cause of the problem.

To make it worse, we cannot replicate the problem on the same phone.  It seems removing/reconnecting the network cable clears the fatal error for good -and is the fix for now, but I think it's very important to find the root cause to prevent it from happening again.

Has anyone had problems with either WakeOnLAN or NAC compatibility with the IP phones?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10