Author Topic: Enable Fax line to print to fax machine  (Read 4357 times)

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
Enable Fax line to print to fax machine
« on: January 28, 2015, 03:45:26 PM »
Currently we are using a fax line (customer dials in to xxx-xxx-7778) and they are able to fax their document which goes to an email address. We have made the decision that we just want the fax to print out the faxes rather than go to an email address (we are going to phase out the fax all together but in the meantime we will not have an operator or assistant to route the emailed faxes). How do I tell it to ring at the fax and have the fax machine pick it up and print it out? I'm lost, please help!

Chris

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Enable Fax line to print to fax machine
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 04:59:27 PM »
Are you by chance using a Multitech FaxFinder?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 05:54:53 PM »
Is it really a fax LINE (a separate physical wire pair from your carrier)? If so, just connect the fax machine to the wire (through whatever cabling it needs to go through to get from hence to thence).
If it's not a fax LINE but instead is a DID fax NUMBER you'll need to connect the fax machine to an analog station port in the 5000, then set that number to ring to that port (in SYSTEM/TRUNK-RELATED INF/CALL ROUTING TABLE).

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 09:40:07 AM »
Is it really a fax LINE (a separate physical wire pair from your carrier)? If so, just connect the fax machine to the wire (through whatever cabling it needs to go through to get from hence to thence).
If it's not a fax LINE but instead is a DID fax NUMBER you'll need to connect the fax machine to an analog station port in the 5000, then set that number to ring to that port (in SYSTEM/TRUNK-RELATED INF/CALL ROUTING TABLE).

I took over a role here after the previous person passed away so I had/have no training on the Intertel 5000. I'[m basically winging it right now and getting bits and pieces of the system as I move along. So to answer your question, I don't know. There is a patch cable with RJ11 lines plugged into the back of the unit on PORTS 1-2 and PORTS 3-4. This patch cable is plugged into my switch. I apologize for my ignorance. The fax machine itself only has analog lines in it. I'm not sure how this was set up originally. All i know is the fax machine does not ring, and right now everything is setup through DB programming. The fax line number points to an APPLICATION in the DB programming which says "press start" when you call it.   
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 09:43:28 AM by FirstSource »

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 09:41:01 AM »
Are you by chance using a Multitech FaxFinder?

No, I do not see that device installed anywhere.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 10:11:03 AM »
Do you have access to the 5000 database programming screens?  If so, go to SYSTEM/TRUNK RELATED INFO/CALL ROUTING TABLE, find the table you're using (don't know what it will be named) and see if the fax number is in that table. I'm assuming you're using DIDs...if no tables exist we need to go a different route.
Also go to SYSTEM/DEVICES AND FEATURE CODES/PHONES and find your analog ports...these will USUALLY appear at the top of the list and will say SINGLE LINE.  Do any of them say fax?
Do you have a physical fax machine, and is it connected to the 5000 in any way?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 07:06:14 PM »
FirstSource,

It sounds like you have an older CS-5000 system and may actually have a seperate Voice Mail System; most likely the EM. If you do then it probably has a fax card installed in it that then emails the faxes to an email address.

Let's take a look at this CRA and see if it has a Fax Delivery Destination or Fax Delivery E-Mail Address. When you click on the CRA in the left hand menu screen it will show you it main level programming; look for either of those two things in there. If one or both are filled in then you have an EM and it is handling your faxes.

Thanks,

TE

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 09:28:44 AM »
Do you have access to the 5000 database programming screens?  If so, go to SYSTEM/TRUNK RELATED INFO/CALL ROUTING TABLE, find the table you're using (don't know what it will be named) and see if the fax number is in that table. I'm assuming you're using DIDs...if no tables exist we need to go a different route.
Also go to SYSTEM/DEVICES AND FEATURE CODES/PHONES and find your analog ports...these will USUALLY appear at the top of the list and will say SINGLE LINE.  Do any of them say fax?
Do you have a physical fax machine, and is it connected to the 5000 in any way?

Aha! 1025 is an analog line all I needed to do was route the inbound fax number to the analog line in the Call Routing Table.

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10