Author Topic: Extensions with no incoming calls  (Read 1445 times)

Offline mynnattor

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Extensions with no incoming calls
« on: January 28, 2015, 11:18:32 AM »
I have a Mitel 3300 v5.0 using embedded voicemail. I just added licenses and phones and it seems that when I call the main number and dial those new extensions i am told "I'm sorry, the person you're trying to reach is unavailable..." in other words it goes right to voicemal without ringing. when i remove the voicemail box the phone rings. i checked ars and the first alternative is set to voicemail but the call rerouting day, night1 and night 2 are set to ring.i have other extensions that where there previously and they work fine. i tried comparing and there is no difference. i went to maintenance commands and did a locate feature ext. and there are no features on them (i was looking for DND)...... any ideas?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Extensions with no incoming calls
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 08:27:37 AM »
Well it certainly has something to do with the mailbox itself.
It won't have anything to do with the rerouting programming.

I would think that the problem is due to something in the extension field of the mailbox or perhaps the mailbox type.
1st be sure that you can dial the extension number from any phone and that there is no delay between when you dial the last digit and the time it rings.
If there is a delay then you have a digit conflict you will have to resolve.

2nd, be sure that the extension field matches the actual extension of the phone.
3rd, be sure that the mailbox type is correct.  It will need to be set to "mailbox".
4th, if the above doesn't resolve it then verify that the phones are in the same tenant as the rest of your phones.  I'll assume yes since you can dial it via the AA when there isn't a mailbox.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10