Author Topic: Need help regarding multiple callers at once  (Read 1241 times)

Offline bestwesternhotel

• View Profile
Need help regarding multiple callers at once
« on: January 26, 2015, 10:11:28 PM »
I manage a medium size hotel.  We have Mitel SX 200 ICP.  During peaks hours, we get multiple calls at once and only 1 front desk agent to work the phones.  Is it possible to have the system put all callers in a holding pattern and have them greeted by a custom message and/or music until my front desk agent can answer the next call?

Currently, if my front desk agent is talking to a customer and if someone is calling the hotel; my front desk agent has to ask the current caller to hold so she can pick up the second call and put the second caller on hold until she is done speaking with the first caller.

We do have "music on hold" but that does not solve my problem of having my front desk agent to put the first caller on hold and then put the second caller on hold then go back to the first caller.

I would rather have the second caller automatically routed to a custom message with music until my front desk agent is available to answer the second caller.

We have "auto attendant feature" but we don't use it.  Maybe if i turn "auto attendant" ON, and have the caller press "1" to be transferred to the front desk, can i have music playing instead of the standard ring-back tone?

Someone please help!!!

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Need help regarding multiple callers at once
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 12:47:32 PM »
If you haave purchased the Voicemail Recorded Announcement Device feature, you can use ports to provide a greeting and then hold music for calls that queue to the console. Otherwise you would need to use ons ports connected to a rad device.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10