Author Topic: MiCollab Client remote softphone certificate  (Read 4832 times)

Offline zac1234

• Contributer
    • View Profile
MiCollab Client remote softphone certificate
« on: January 26, 2015, 04:34:17 PM »
Hi there,

I am new to MiCollab Client and am trying to set this up on a laptop (outside the voice network) but am running in to a problem.  I have the application loaded on this laptop and it will take my credentials.  The app looks like it's loading (I'll see my name) and then a message shows up saying "Your connection with UC Server has been lost".  I did some looking around and it sounds like I missed a step.  I didn't request a certificate from the laptop.  I'm looking (in Configuration settings) for a button that says something around the tune of "Retrieve Certificate" but cannot find one.

I'm using MiCollab Client (UCA) 6.0.220.0.

How do I go about requesting or retrieving a certificate for UCA remote desktop clients?

I've tried looking through Help in the application, and through documentation at MOL with no luck.

Offline pmhaynes

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MiCollab Client remote softphone certificate
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 11:05:59 AM »
Hi there,

I am new to MiCollab Client and am trying to set this up on a laptop (outside the voice network) but am running in to a problem.  I have the application loaded on this laptop and it will take my credentials.  The app looks like it's loading (I'll see my name) and then a message shows up saying "Your connection with UC Server has been lost".  I did some looking around and it sounds like I missed a step.  I didn't request a certificate from the laptop.  I'm looking (in Configuration settings) for a button that says something around the tune of "Retrieve Certificate" but cannot find one.

I'm using MiCollab Client (UCA) 6.0.220.0.

How do I go about requesting or retrieving a certificate for UCA remote desktop clients?

I've tried looking through Help in the application, and through documentation at MOL with no luck.

Certificates were used for older version of UCA. you dont have it in UCA 6 (Micollab client)

Do you have other users working or are you the only one trying.

What is the name of the UCA sever. it needs to be a FQDN E.G> UCA.Mycompany.co.uk and that name needs to be pointed at the UCA server with the correct ports.
Are you using AN MBG for Teleworker?

Offline zac1234

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 12:48:58 PM »
Thanks for the reply

I am setting this up in a lab environment, so I'm the only one trying at the moment.

There is a standalone MBG in place. 

The MAS has an FQDN.  I'm pretty sure remote proxy is configured on the MBG properly because I'm able to get logged in on my iPhone, and am able to get the SIP extension working from there (through cellular data).

Offline pmhaynes

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 04:15:03 PM »
Thanks for the reply

I am setting this up in a lab environment, so I'm the only one trying at the moment.

There is a standalone MBG in place. 

The MAS has an FQDN.  I'm pretty sure remote proxy is configured on the MBG properly because I'm able to get logged in on my iPhone, and am able to get the SIP extension working from there (through cellular data).

so on your iphone and on your icollab client you enter the FQDN which is pointed at the external ip of the MBG. the web proxy then points it to the MAS which has the micollab server intergrated.

The iphone can have a SIP softphone if you have the licnese. Have you set up the softphone on micollab to be SIP or minet?

Offline zac1234

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 01:23:35 PM »
So I found out what the problem is.

The issue was with the certificate on the MAS, in that it had expired.

The cert has been renewed, and now I'm able to login UCA on my laptop off the voice lan.

Thanks for the replies, have a good one!

Offline pmhaynes

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 10:00:03 AM »
So I found out what the problem is.

The issue was with the certificate on the MAS, in that it had expired.

The cert has been renewed, and now I'm able to login UCA on my laptop off the voice lan.

Thanks for the replies, have a good one!
Great new that you found it.

When you say the certificate had expired...did you put your own paid for certificate on the MAS server or just the one that comes with it

I only ask because i have never installed a bought certifcate on the MAS and have never seen the default one expire

Thx

Offline zac1234

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 08:58:59 AM »
For this MAS they uploaded a paid cert, from Go Daddy I believe.  I'm at a bit of a loss here because this environment is a cloud demo we pay Mitel to access.  So someone at Mitel did the leg work to renew the cert.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10