Author Topic: Mitel 5000 SIP Cannot Make Outgoing Calls  (Read 5854 times)

Offline webbyz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 SIP Cannot Make Outgoing Calls
« on: January 23, 2015, 01:54:55 PM »
Hello all,

I am trying out a UBNT UVP SIP Phone. I am able to make calls inside the company, but anytime that I try to make an outgoing call, I get an error #404: Extension Does Not Exist.

Being that this is the first SIP device that I have tried on our system, I am not sure if there is something additional that I need to set up in the DB Programming in order to allow the SIP to make an outgoing call.

I have tried dialing the "8" before the number and it does not make a difference. I have tried every combination that I can think of and nothing seems to be working. So that's why I am thinking that it is something in the DB Programming.

If anyone might have any ideas on what to try, it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 SIP Cannot Make Outgoing Calls
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 02:59:57 PM »
What types of trunks does the system have?

I ask because if you haven't specified an outbound caller id phone number, some PRI's will reject the outbound call.

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 06:20:52 PM »
I got an IP5000 (SIP) soundstation to work with a HX/5000. There is a guide out there (SIP CoE 11-4940-00157) that might get you in the ballpark. It has device and HX/5000 setup. I had to web into the device and modify the dialing plan (insert 8 into a couple of spots) to get it to dial outside.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 12:30:53 PM »
Webbyz,

Well, in the extension under associated extensions you would need an Outgoing Extension and an Emergency Extension, this should be the same as the rest of the phones.

You will also need to verify if any other phones are using anything in the Calling Party Number and Emergency Calling Number fields and fill it in accordingly.

Also you will need to look in the CO Trunk Group at Outgoing and Emergency Extensions and verify that it has access to call out on them.

There is also the possibility that you have set its Class of Service up so that it can't dial out, but that is doubtful at this point.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10