Author Topic: Need help tracking voicemail logs with Exchange  (Read 1597 times)

Offline dan231

• View Profile
Need help tracking voicemail logs with Exchange
« on: January 23, 2015, 10:49:29 AM »
Problem:  Can not directly leave VM on branch B's system or transfer vm to branch B's system. Branch A shows it is sending the message to branch B, but Branch B never receives the message.
Setup:  Mitel 500 Email GW is setup to use my local Exchange

Vendor and Mitel support say I have to check my email logs.  I cannot find any logs that actually show the Mitel system is using my Exchange.
Where do I look to validate the messages are sending/receiving.

I see mail in my Barracuda Spam filter from all branch phone systems when it email out to notify users that they have a vm waiting.  Is this the same transmission type when the 2 phone systems email each other the messages?  This does not show in my Barracuda Spam filter and I can not find this in any Exchange Log.

Am I just looking in the wrong places?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Need help tracking voicemail logs with Exchange
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 03:36:51 PM »
Are you trying to exchange messages between two email systems, messages that actually appear in mailboxes at the other site? In that case you'd use the VOICE PROCESSOR MESSAGING NETWORKING feature license and lots of programming .

Offline dan231

• View Profile
Re: Need help tracking voicemail logs with Exchange
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 03:51:43 PM »
The issue was a DNS problem that was resolved when we rebooted and tweaked our Spam filter.

It was troubleshooting when 1 mitel box sent a voice mail forward to a 2nd mitel box at a different branch. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10