Author Topic: 5312 Phone Stuck in Handsfree Mode  (Read 11106 times)

Offline soozie

• View Profile
5312 Phone Stuck in Handsfree Mode
« on: January 22, 2015, 03:07:15 AM »
Hello All,

Hoping one of you may know the answer to this - I did have a thorough search both of Google, the user guide, the admin guide and this forum but couldn't see anyone with the same issue.

One of the 5312s we have at work seems to be stuck in handsfree mode - i.e. the handset does not work. I have tried replacing it with a new one but still have the same issue. All the flags on this phone have been set to the same as the other 5312s in use which are all working as they should. In order to even use the handset I have to put it into headset mode (despite there being no headset connected) and then press the speakerphone button to answer a call. To end it, I have to press the speaker button again as replacing the handset doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 5312 Phone Stuck in Handsfree Mode
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 07:39:50 AM »
Not trying to be rude or anything, but want to try and eliminate the easiest thing first.

Have you verified that the coil-cord of the handset is indeed plugged into the handset port and not the headset port?

Offline soozie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 08:25:36 AM »
I checked that before I even looked for anything else. I've also tried swapping to a new handset but that didn't work either.

I've had to re-assign the extension to a spare phone and it all works fine, which leads me to suspect it's the phone itself.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 10:03:55 AM »
Soozie,

Your issue seems to be a bad hook switch on the phone, just replace the whole thing to solve your problem.

Thanks,

TE

Offline only1catar

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 01:04:55 PM »
We have 25 phones - they all transfer to the handset - but one
It goes directly to the speaker.
No it is not "off the hook" - or the system would have an "ALARM" on the admin phone.

After you "speak" with someone, you can pickup the receiver and hang up...
But in the mean time - anyone can call back - with a chirp for a ring -
if you are away from your desk - and don't watch... someone can listen in...

How do you control this "feature"

Thanks!

-- Russ T.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 03:08:48 PM »
It sounds like you might be asking about HANDS FREE INTERCOM...I call you and it comes through the speaker.  That's the default behavior and it can be turned on/off using feature code 319 at the phone (if still using default feature codes).  Try that code at the phone...does display then announce HANDS FREE OFF? Does phone then behave the way you want?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 07:22:38 AM »
Only1catar,

There are three things that can control this behavior and they sort of work together.

1. The station flag Handsfree that Dwayneg mentioned. This flag is what allows intercom calls to be automatically answered after an alert tone has sounded.

2. The station flag Ring Intercom Always. This flag overrides the Handsfree flag setting. Basically any phone that has this flag set to Yes will ignore the Handsfree flag of any phone that it intercoms.

3. If the System Forwarding condition IC Calls is set to yes under any system forwarding path, and the day or night condition is valid, then ant Intercom call to that phone will ring until the System Forward Initiate timer is up and then it will forward the call to its first forwarding point.

Hopefully that will clear up any confusion that you have about this feature.

Thanks,

TE

Offline only1catar

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 07:02:55 AM »
Thanks!  Is there an option - or a code that will allow someone for FORCE a speaker call rather than a handset call
(If the phone is set for handset) ...say for an "emergency" interruption?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 08:50:58 AM »
No.  If phone is set for hands free (speaker) you can force to RING by pressing # before dialing extension, but not the other way around...that would present a security issue, since it's two-way audio. If you need emergency notification set up a page zone.

Offline ELDOIT

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 02:55:43 PM »
We had this issue with our 5320 phones. we found the fix to be replacing the spring on the HOOK lever.  Very easy and cheap. Get size 9 (.022) piano wire, mold it and your all set.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10