Author Topic: Hunt Group Voice Mail  (Read 5866 times)

Offline branodnt.theisen

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hunt Group Voice Mail
« on: January 20, 2015, 02:47:08 PM »
Hello, I have a hunt group created with 2 phone extension on the hunt group member list. I was wondering if it is possible to configure the hunt group so after a number of rings, it would go to voice mail on one of the phones, not both. I haven't been able to get any voice mail working yet, so any help would be great. Also, I'm confused on some of the timer settings for the hunt group, and I was hoping maybe I could get some help on those also on what they mean.

The definitions I'm confused about are:
No Answered Advanced
Announcement
Overfull
Recall
Wrap-Up
Average Connect Time Per Call

Thank you

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hunt Group Voice Mail
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 03:51:13 PM »
Branodnt.theisen,

Create a Call Routing Announcement that within the digit translations times out to the mailbox that you want it to go to.

Next put the extension number of that CRA as the Recall of the hunt group with your members in it.

Set the Recall Timer for the amount of rings you want before going to the mailbox. Every 6 seconds is equal to 1 full ring cycle.

If you press F1 hen in the hunt group it will explain the timers for you, but if you need more of an explanation after that then just ask.

Thanks,

TE

Offline branodnt.theisen

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 04:26:09 PM »
Thank you for getting back to me. How do you create a CRA? In my system, we don't have a voice processor, we use forwarding paths to forward to our voice mail. Thanks.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 06:00:34 PM »
Are you saying you're using a separate external voice mail such as NuPoint, not the one that's built into the 5000?  That would be unusual but possible.  If you use the built-in one you should see it at the bottom of the list in the right Database Programming window, called VOICE PROCESSOR.  Is this a new install?  Does any voice mail work? If not, is it possible it isn't turned on at all? That's in SYSTEM/ENABLE VOICE PROCESSOR.

Offline branodnt.theisen

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 07:16:59 PM »
Yes, we are using NuPoint for the voice mail. That's why this is such a pain. Mitel 5000 is a newer system, we use to only have a older Axess One

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 08:17:01 PM »
Branodnt.theisen,

I was going to ask why you are using the NuPoint, but that is not going to solve your problem. Now, bear with me as I have never actually had to make a NuPoint work with a 5000, but I do know that it works so this shouldn't be too difficult.

So the first thing would be creating a box with the same extension as the hunt group. We need to do this so when the call is sent to the voicemail HG it will send the digits of the hunt group it will match with something in the NuPoint.

Then you will need to create a call flow off of that mailbox that sends the caller to the mailbox that you really want it to go to.

If you need specifics on how to do that then I can move your post to another group as the NuPoint is not really used much on the 5000, read not at all, in our installations as it is not as "good" as the built in voicemail system.

Thanks,

TE

Offline branodnt.theisen

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 04:57:46 PM »
We use NuPoint because this Mitel system is a newer system. We already had the voice mail working with are other system, so we just continued using it. Thanks, I work tomorrow, I'll see if I can figure it out. If not, I'll re-post on here. Thanks for the help.

Offline lowradiation

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 12:36:48 AM »
Without using any Nupoint mailbox licenses (yep, every mailbox on Nupoint requires a license) goto System - Devices and Feature Codes - SIP Peers - SIP Voice Mails - P9001 - Applications and create a SIP Call Routing Announcement extension and make it the recall destination of the hunt group.
Then in Nupoint, on the mailbox you want the message to go, add the new SIP CRA extension into the 'Alternate Extension' field

Offline branodnt.theisen

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 06:16:02 PM »
Worked perfectly, thank you for all the help you guys have given me. I also have another question about hunt groups. Is it possible to have a call from inside the building, by the extension number, to go to two extensions (ie. two separate phones)? Thanks again.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 06:19:16 PM by branodnt.theisen »

Offline branodnt.theisen

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 06:31:24 PM »
Also have at least one voice mail working on one of the phones. Or even both if possible? But I'm just shooting for one, the user will have to deal with it. Again using Nu Point and Mitel 5000 version 4.0.3.105. Thanks a bunch

Offline branodnt.theisen

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 07:06:48 PM »
Never-mind, got it working using extension lists. Thanks

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10