Author Topic: Page Zones Between Branches  (Read 1798 times)

Offline xxovermetalxx

• View Profile
Page Zones Between Branches
« on: January 16, 2015, 02:44:01 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I have a question about paging.

What is the best way to set up paging between the two systems? The reason I’m asking is I’ve noticed that you cannot put an off node page zone directly on a key map through DB Programming. For example, if I make a page zone called “Page Site 1” on the Site 1 system, I cannot add the page zone to the key maps on the Site 2 system. What this lead me to do was to create another page zone in Site 2 that includes the page zone created in Site 1. Is this the best way to set the system up? I have also noticed that if I go up to an actual phone in Site 2 and add the Site 1 page zone to an available key on the phone, I can add the off node page zone that way.

I am troubleshooting some inconsistent paging in Site 1. It seems like when paging from Site 2 to Site 1, the voice will break up sometimes.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Page Zones Between Branches
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 05:20:13 PM »
The way you're doing it is correct. Paging is very resource intensive, especially when using a lot of endpoints. What is the network connection between nodes?

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 11:20:50 AM »
I have off site paging setup between multiple states. Check your network stability/bandwidth as suggested by DND ON. Networking audio Codecs?

Offline xxovermetalxx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 10:15:41 AM »
Thank you guys for the replies.

The connection between the two sites is the public internet...the sites are connected by a site to site VPN. The thing that lead me to believe that it is something in the remote site is the fact that the pages come clearly through the phones but not the speakers. So it seems that the signal is fine up until the point it leaves the amp... The signal also seems to break up on all of the speakers at the remote branch, not just some, which leads me to believe that the speakers and connections arent the problem (although i suppose its possible they are all bad). I just feel like if the connection between the two sites were the issue than the page would break up coming through the phones as well..

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10