Author Topic: Scripting FTP transfer of traffic files from MCD6  (Read 1459 times)

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Scripting FTP transfer of traffic files from MCD6
« on: January 15, 2015, 03:03:50 PM »
Looking for a way to simplify collecting the traffic files generated in MCD6. I've noticed that the files are available via FTP from the controller in /db/cc/traffic, and though they have a .1 extension it's just an ASCII text file. So, all I need to do is figure out the scripting required to have my Enterprise Manager server FTP to the MCD, transfer the files, and if possible, place them into folders arranged by the system name and maybe the date as well. Anyone out there done something like this? I'm the world's worst programmer, but given enough time I should be able to figure it out; but thought I'd see if this is something that's already been done by someone out there.

Offline matthew

• View Profile
Re: Scripting FTP transfer of traffic files from MCD6
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 05:20:04 PM »
I can do that kind of thing from Linux, but no idea from Windows. I believe some of the commercial FTP client programs have scripting interfaces of a fashion. Possibly in the fashion of creating a Scheduled Task that calls something like "ftpprog.exe -p miteltraffic -f myscript.txt", where -p is the pre-created connection profile and -f is the file containing the script commands "cd /db/cc/traffic;get file.1" etc. Obviously, the program would have its own syntax. If you crack it, please let us know.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Scripting FTP transfer of traffic files from MCD6
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 06:33:14 PM »
maybe this will help

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/96269

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10