Author Topic: 6.0 3300 MCD embedded voicemail issue  (Read 3819 times)

Offline Baldy0177

• Contributer
    • View Profile
6.0 3300 MCD embedded voicemail issue
« on: January 14, 2015, 05:57:36 PM »
Hi All,
I am having an odd issue with the embedded voicemail on a 3300 mcd running 6.0.  When the system was originally installed all ext numbers on the system including mailboxes were 3 digit. Some time later the ext numbers were changed to be 4 digit. All voicemail boxes were deleted and re-added to reflect the change to 4 digit. Now for the issue..... All calls are answered by auto attendant.  The greeting states that if you know your party's ext you can dial now. If a valid ext is dialed the call transfers to the appropriate ext and then to voicemail all fine an dandy, however if an invalid ext is dialed, like an old 3 digit ext the voicemail states that you are being transferred to that user even though that ext and mail box no longer exist. Then comes back and says that ext is invalid valid and to try again, as is expected. The question is why is it saying I am being transfered to that user when that mailbox and ext don't exist.

Example: I call in and get the auto attendant and dial 1371 for Steve Miller. The system states I am being transferred to "Steve Miller" and I am as this is Steve's current ext and the call is routed correctly.  If I dial 371, as some caller are doing not knowing that the ext numbers have changed, the system still state iI am being transferred to "Steve Miller" but then I get that ext is invalid.

Anyone have any ideas where the system is getting the name for the 3 digit ext when a mailbox does not exist there for no name is recorded for that ext.  Keep in mind that 371 did exist at one time and would have had a name recorded for it at that time, but has since been deleted. Hope this makes sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: 6.0 3300 MCD embedded voicemail issue
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 06:02:52 PM »
There in an option in programming that lets you specify if you will allow callers to dial extensions without a mailbox.

Navigate to Voicemail>>>System settings>>>VM Options.
You're looking for this option    Allow Transfer To Any Number

Ralph

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 05:28:21 AM »
Just a question...do the 3 digit numbers and names still exist in the telephone directory? Do a locate number in maintenance.

Offline Baldy0177

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 10:50:12 AM »
Ralph,
Thanks for the info, however, I do have exts without voicemail boxes that i still need to transferred to as this is a retirement facility and the residents have numbers of of the switch and that is how people get a hold of them is by entering their number in the AA.  My concern is where is the voice mail getting info to state a users name for an  ext does not exist.

x-man,
Thank you also for the reply. I have checked and no the three digit exts do not exist any where in the system. Maintenance comes back and says that ext  does not exist.  They do not exist in the telephone directory either.  This is a standalone system so it is not an issue with sds or redundancy.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 11:28:51 AM »
My concern is where is the voice mail getting info to state a users name for an  ext does not exist.

Ah!  I see the problem.
I think the solution to that problem is to do a fresh install of the software.
I think the way the system works is when you dial a number it checks it's files to see if a greeting or name exist for that number.
Since you changed from 3 digits to 4 digits I think the original files still exist so it plays it.

You may be able to hack your way through it by deleting files that are deep in the OS directories but I wouldn't really recommend that.

Perhaps you could recreate the associated 3 digit mailboxes, log in and then delete the greetings/names.

Ralph

Offline Baldy0177

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 09:35:57 AM »
Thanks Ralph,
    I with you i think a new load would be the easiest and safest way to go.
Thanks again for your help!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10