Author Topic: 3300 envelope key call destination  (Read 4864 times)

Offline cpegeno

• View Profile
3300 envelope key call destination
« on: January 14, 2015, 09:37:33 AM »
Hi,
I have an issue with the vmail (envelope) key (on a 5330e ip set) not calling the correct location (micollab/mas) for some users.
We have a 50+ site cluster, and almost 4k users. There are currently 4 mas's (micollabs) setup for these. I have a handful of users, that press the envelope key - like they always have, but now the call is calling the wrong micollab/mas (i.e. it calls mas 1 instead of 2).
The call coverage services is set up to the correct location, ie 2 -> mas 2; 1->mas 1 etc.
I am not sure why this would just stop working, and not affect all users.

Any ideas on what can change (other than call coverage options) that would lead the button to the default or wrong location?
MiCollab6.0+ (upg to nupoint v3) and 3300 MCD 7.0

« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 10:19:43 AM by cpegeno »

Offline cpegeno

• View Profile
Re: 3300 envelope key call destination
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 02:02:15 PM »
Any help would be greatly appreciated  :-[

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 04:22:47 PM »
I think that the Envelope button will ring the last device / hunt group that lit it.
A frequent issue is that someone will call a user and if the phone being called is ringing or busy and the calling user presses the envelope key, it will light the light.  Then when you press the button it will ring that user.

If you're not ringing a user and then forwarding to a MAS then I suspect that the wrong MAS is lighting it.

Ralph

Offline cpegeno

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 04:36:03 PM »
The only weird thing about that.... is that if i call their number, and leave a message (i see that the Correct MAS - #2) they get the indication that they have a message.
So it would be lit (lastly) by the correct one right? It still calls the wrong location. Unless for some reason, the light is ONLY being lit by the 1st Mas... but i dont see how that would be possible if the hunt group for the second doesnt contain any numbers for the first? :(  ???

Offline mszodiac

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 02:59:35 PM »
I've seen this happen many times where the MWI was sent from the HCI route on the secondary controller but the phones are registered to the main controller.

Try this.

Leave a test voicemail to confirm you'll be deleting only this test voicemail.

Follow the steps below:

a.   Press on voicemail message key when it's flashing.

b.   Press on Read Message.  The top line will show CALL <HCI Route#> this probably routes to the backup HCI route on your system, press on Erase Msg.  This should get rid of the MWI light on the voicemail key.

c.   Leave a test voicemail on the same phone.  This should enable MWI light again on the voicemail key.

d.   Press on the voicemail key and Read Message.  This time it will show CALL <Correct HCI Route>.  . You'll be able to listen to your voicemail at this point. 

e.   You'll have to do the same steps above for all extensions that have the same symptoms.

Offline cpegeno

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 10:09:31 AM »
Thank you to both of you gentlemen.
I opened a ticket with the Big Boys. We could NOT find any issue with programming. I went to all 4 locations that this has happened at, and am finding that their lights came on around the time that they each were upgraded to MiCollab v3.0 or w/e.

Each did have a "read message" when key pressed with phone on hook. i read, then erased. Of 4 locations, 2 of them needed to have "dummy vmail" boxes built, call coverages changed, and then setup, erased, deleted, returned to normal. So far each of the sites is still extinguished (thank goodness).

I will have to wait until the morning to get the final notice if resolved. Then I can close my ticket and be happy.

I appreciate all of the feedback.

G 8)

Offline mszodiac

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 11:49:13 AM »

Ahem.. I'm a lady.   :)

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 06:51:12 PM »

Ahem.. I'm a lady.   :)

I take it it's Ms Zodiac :)

Offline mszodiac

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 01:01:03 PM »
You've got that right sarond :)

Offline cpegeno

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 08:44:35 AM »
I am very sorry. :( I apologize for that. Thank You Miss.

I basically did exactly what you said, but I took it to the extent of building a fake mailbox at the MAS of which HCI was lighting it. I moved their call coverage to that mas as well. I then set up the "new" fake mailbox. I called left a message, etc. At the set, I pressed the envelopekey with set on hook. "read message", "erase msg". Cleared light. Checked vmail, erased. Reset all to the appropriate MAS. retested, all good.

It's been good since. (Knocking on wood).

Again, I am sorry about the "name calling".

Thanks for your time!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10