Author Topic: Recycling Users  (Read 1643 times)

Offline JessCat606

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Recycling Users
« on: January 09, 2015, 01:49:09 PM »
Hey, new user here, have been running our 5000CP for about 8-9 months now, seems to work pretty well other than some annoying 'insufficient bandwidth' errors. 

Anyway, I wanted to ask the experts here about recycling users.  We had a few users leave the company, and new hires to replace them.  I am using hotdesk profiles, and would like to let the new users keep the same extensions as the previous holders.  Is there an easier way to reset the users's info?

I am assuming I will have to:
- change the name/description on the hotdesk profile
- change the name/description on the associated VM mailbox
- create a new user, and link it to the hotdesk profile
- reset web gui passwords?
and then
- get the new user to re-record their VM name, password, erase old VM messages, etc.

This seems like it's a somewhat cumbersome method, and would let the new user see/hear the old user's name/voicemail info, unless I personally do it.  It also won't present the new user with the 'first time' VM info.

My guess is that there might be an easier way. I could bumble around for a long time trying to find it, or ask the people who work with these things all the time; I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction!

Thanks!!

- J

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Recycling Users
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 02:58:55 PM »
I would modify your procedure to delete the MB, then re-create MB after the new username has been programmed. A file is created based on username for the directory when you create a MB. The file associates the spelling of the username with the digits on the keypad. If the name is just changed, that file is not updated. This will keep your Directory from becoming corrupted and also gives the new user the MB setup tutorial.

Offline JessCat606

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 04:03:32 PM »
That makes sense, thanks! I was not aware of the link between the Directory and the VM system, had thought it was linked to the 'users' system.  I may need to go back through and check for problems... :)

I'll give it a try.

- J

Offline JessCat606

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 01:41:05 PM »
excellent!  Worked beautifully. Thanks a bunch!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10