Author Topic: Setup Mitel Standard Linux as Relay Server for Voicemail to Email using 3300  (Read 4693 times)

RogerV

I am using a vMCD 3300 and need to program voice mail to email but am unsuccessful, i heard that i can use a MSL box to relay the voice mail to emails. Can any body assist me.

Mitel 3300 7.0 SP1
Load 13.0.1.28

with a MSL box 10.0.1.15

HELP!

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
I don't think you should have to do that.
The vMCD should be able to forward ok.
I believe that in order to set up forward to email you need to set up voice mail networking.
Check the help files on setting it up.

Ralph

RogerV

I tried to already and when i called tech support they said I would need a relay server in between in order for this to work.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What type of system do you have for email? On-site Exchange? Hosted service?

Offline roger.valdez.3914

• View Profile
Godaddy, exchange

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Godaddy, exchange

Which I assume requires authenticated SMTP. So yes, in this case, you'd need to use something like MSL to provide the unauthenticated to authenticated SMTP relay.

Offline roger.valdez.3914

• View Profile
Is there a configuration to make that work. I built a msl yesterday but don't know what to insert. Do I program a account user and password then the smtp.ex2.secureserver.net? Sorry it's my first relay server

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Under Configuration/email settings the first choice is server to use for outbound SMTP. That is where the server goes, after save you can add the logon info and save. You also need to allow from trusted networks in SMTP email injection restrictions.

In the 3300 put the ip address of the msl box

RogerV

Thanks That worked,

Thanks Guys

Offline AH64Armament

• Contributer
    • View Profile
I've got a customer that has switched to hosted O365 for their email server.  This isn't an issue with a 3300 for some reason (different customer and it works).  But this customer has a 200ICP, and no matter what we're doing we can't seem to get this to work.
I'm considering sending their IT company a MSL disc to turn up a system and make it a relay.  Would this work on the 200 ICP?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I think in the 200ICP it is set as an ip address and smtp port 25 only. It should work with a MSL server or http://emailrelay.sourceforge.net/ also could be run on a local MS PC

Offline AH64Armament

• Contributer
    • View Profile
I think in the 200ICP it is set as an ip address and smtp port 25 only. It should work with a MSL server or http://emailrelay.sourceforge.net/ also could be run on a local MS PC

Thanks, we'll try this.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10