Author Topic: Mitel Phone Manager  (Read 3245 times)

Offline jmarcwsp1

• View Profile
Mitel Phone Manager
« on: December 30, 2014, 11:39:34 AM »
Has anyone installed this yet?  It is on order but all the licenses are bundled...Thought the System OAI 1 and 2 plus 2-Cat Fs would be delivered separately.  Apparently they are not.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel Phone Manager
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 07:26:41 AM »
Jmarcwsp1,

No I haven't, but usually bundled licensing is cheaper overall. Have you asked your sales person about the licenses they sold?

Thanks,

TE

Offline WallIT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 04:47:32 AM »
Are you referring to this software? http://edocs.mitel.com/UG/EN/Phone_Mgr/Mitel%20Phone%20Manager%20User%20Guide.pdf

If so, then we are running version 3 of this and have been for a few years. This was a Xarios (a UK software company) product for many years but looking on their website it has now been removed - I wonder whether Mitel have bought the rights for it. Xarios have removed it from their site and Mitel make no mention of Xarios in the PDF manual above.

Version 4 is redesigned (Windows Metro look and feel). We are still running version 3 and this was largely setup by our resellers - we simply deploy the desktop software. Version 3 is really showing its age now, especially visually. Version 4 looks much neater.

Interestingly, Xarios still have the software available on their FTP site. Although you could download and install it, you'll obviously need a license to actually get any use out of it. Not sure if it installs with a trial license.

ftp://ftp.xarios.com/Software/Phone%20Manager/

Would welcome thoughts and opinions of anyone who has upgraded from v3 to v4.
Thanks

Offline mitelengineeruk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 04:35:41 PM »
Version 4 is so much better both by look and the ever increasing features its coming with.

It also allows a lot of central configuration, most user preferences have been removed but this is probably a good thing as they generally never got used.

There are a few things missing currently that have not been migrated over from older versions yet but overall it looks very modern and its slick.

I would recommend it for sure.  Be careful to check what you get when you upgrade from older version to 4, it differs depending if you originally had a paid for version or the out of the box system pack.

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 05:39:29 AM »
Be careful to check what you get when you upgrade from older version to 4, it differs depending if you originally had a paid for version or the out of the box system pack.

Care to expand on this? Sounds like yet another licensing trap for the unwary!

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 06:07:14 PM »
Also the training is ridiculously overpriced!

£425 for an online trading course to get certified!!

Offline mitelengineeruk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 03:32:44 PM »
NTEDave - Trust were doing an offer for half priced training on PM.  Not sure if its still available, we took the offer up for a few engineers.  I would defo complain about it as the full price is ridiculous.  £425.00 for an online course, I think the 5000 5 day course is only £700.00 and that's instructor led.

Offline temple

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 07:07:42 AM »
We upgraded from Xarios to this but are horrified to see that when someone is on a call, rather than just get their presence marked as busy, everyone can see the number (internal or external) of the person they are speaking to. Mitel have advised that this "feature" cannot be disabled. I therefore cannot role this out to my users.

Offline mitelengineeruk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 10:25:19 AM »
Hi temple, in previous versions of Phone Manager you could view the number someone was talking when the DSS was in 'Detail' view however I think it was only in Pro license and above.  It seems that in version 4 you can see it in on any license level.  Its not a new issue but probably now more obvious than before.

I much prefer version 4 than previous versions, massive improvements in features and also the look and feel of the client.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10