Author Topic: Twinning with phantom  (Read 1838 times)

Offline Heritage02Rider

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Twinning with phantom
« on: December 17, 2014, 02:28:00 PM »
I have a user who will be in the "field" all the time. They will be using a cell phone for all communications and therefore no desk phone. I have provided a DID and inside extension via phantom. My problem is this:

• I created a phantom extension, 2236 with a user account
  • I added the mobile number to the user account
  • In the phantom > Associated Extensions, I have 92000 (automatic selection) set for Outgoing Extension
  • I have call routing for inbound DID # pointing to 2236

If I call from my cell to the DID, it rings and after a few goes to voice mail. The call never gets transferred/forwarded to the cell.

If I change the Outbound Extension to 92001 (backup copper lines), then call the DID, the call goes through.

If I change the Outbound Extension to 92003 (SIP trunk group), then call the DID, the call rings and after a few goes to voice mail

So apparently the call is not transferring to the SIP trunk properly. What should I look for to resolve the problem.

I have tried using 355 2236 xxxx# 359 xxx-xxxx # to forward all calls, but the call cannot be returned to the MITEL since it is forwarded. This is reasonable, but not preferred. Also, since the call works properly when using copper, I assume that the problem is resolvable.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Twinning with phantom
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 02:38:00 PM »
Heritage02rider,

Check to make sue the CPN is setup on it. Also will they accept Propagation of non-native numbers, and do you have that flag set on the phone. They may just be dropping the call instead of letting it pass and substituting with the BTN.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Heritage02Rider

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 02:45:35 PM »
CPN is set to DID number. We use the twinning for all our desk phones and it propagates correctly. Propagate Original Caller ID on Transferis set to Yes.

Offline Heritage02Rider

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 03:22:43 PM »
SOLVED

Sorry about this; really was my issue. I entered 10 digit phone number into the mobile number. This became an issue when we bought VTN's (virtual telephone numbers) in different area codes. The calls needed the area code included. Well, when you add 10 digits, the call fails because you need to dial "1" for long distance. Therefore, making the number 1xxxxxxxxxx the call functions properly.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10