Author Topic: Duplicate PBX number/Cluster Element ID  (Read 1897 times)

Offline dutch_tuga

• View Profile
Duplicate PBX number/Cluster Element ID
« on: December 17, 2014, 08:54:36 AM »
Hi everyone,

We have this situation with a running MXe II. When you go to the "Network Elements" tab you get the error that there are duplicate PBX numbers and that in future releases this records must have a unique PBX number.

This has happened because when this system was installed, the backup restore was done, before the IP address of the PBX was changed to the same IP as in the backup. I know, this was not a smart move.

But now how can we fix this? Can I just remove the entry with the default IP 192.168.1.2? Or will there be consequences for the configuration? I have the feeling, that with the restore, this system is seeing it (entry 192.168.1.2) has a different node. Because next to it I have the local node.

Anyone has faced the same before? By the way the system is running on 5.0 SP1 and does not make part of a cluster.

Thank you in advance.

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
Re: Duplicate PBX number/Cluster Element ID
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 09:16:41 AM »
This is only important if your in a cluster or have IP trunks to other systems. If that is the case then just change the PBX number/CEID.

Offline dutch_tuga

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 09:45:45 AM »
Thank you for your reply.

The system is not in a cluster. I have changed the PBX number of the system. Can I just delete the entry with the default IP address (192.168.1.2) from the Network Elements, or it does not do any harm to let it as it is?

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 09:53:40 AM »
You should be able to delete. :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10