Author Topic: Looking for help on Mitel 3300 and Nupoint voicemail integration  (Read 20889 times)

Offline cevvel

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Looking for help on Mitel 3300 and Nupoint voicemail integration
« on: December 17, 2014, 06:42:39 AM »
I am trying integrate Mitel 3300 with Nupoint voice mail and I am stuck in half way and do not know how to proceed ahead. 

I have done the following so far and looking for help further on:

On Mitel 3300:
1.   Under License and Options – Extended hunt group is set to YES
2.   Under System Feature Settings – configured Registration access code as *** and Replacement access code as ###
3.   Under CoS - Created separate CoS for incoming & outgoing Nupoint ports having enabled COV/ONS/E&M Voice Mail Port, HCI/CTI/TAPI Call Control Allowed, HCI/CTI/TAPI Monitor Allowed, Public Network Access via DPNSS, and Do Not Disturb Permanent
4.   Under Multiline IP Sets - Created IP end points (either as 5020 or 5240) (believe these will be useds as ports by NuPoint?)
5.   Under Hunt Groups – Created a hunt group with hunt group type as Voice Mail
6.   Then, when I try to add the IP end point created as the Hunt Group Member, I am not able to do that. When I enter the member and click Save. The dialog window disappears and I do not see it gets saved.

On MiCollab:
1.   Under Users and Services – added Network Element with Type as Mitel 3300 ICP, with IP as Mitel 3300 ICP IP, with Registration/Replacement code as *** and ### respectively, with COS created for Incoming Nupoint ports in Mitel 3300, with Call Forward Destination number as Hunt Group created in Mitel 3300
2.   Under Users – Created user with Authentication details
3.   Under Phones – Clicked Add new Phone. Selected Phone Type as Mitel 3300 ICP Phone, Device Type as 5020/5240 and Number as the Hunt Group member (the same IP end point created in Mitel 3300) but I got error saying “Your request cannot be complete…” and if I check “Details” I find ICP Error: Phone already programmed on ICP.
4.   Under Offline configuration – I can see Mitel NuPoint Messaging with IP details under Network Elements. I tried to add line group with Line group number 1, Name as “Voice Mail”, Application as NuPoint Voice, User Interface as NuPoint Voice. And then, tried to add Line Dialogue, but I do not find any option under PBX drop down.
5.   Also if go into Nupoint webconsole and view “Offline configuration” I do not see any ICP IP address (however by the above error I could see Micollab is talking to Mitel 300 ICP since it is throwing error like phone already programmed on ICP)

As you can see I am stuck and not sure how to proceed further on both Mitel 3300 and MiCollab. I am sure I am missing something but could not figure out what. Any help for me is really appreciated!!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 06:44:18 AM by cevvel »

Offline cevvel

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for help on Mitel 3300 and Nupoint voicemail integration
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 01:24:18 AM »
Hi,

Any quick help on this highly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Offline cevvel

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 06:58:53 AM »
Hi,

Appreciate any input on this. We need to get this setup done at the earliest and I am not getting clear-cut help on the Mitel-NuPoint integration anywhere. Thanks!

Offline cevvel

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 03:50:58 AM »
Hi,

Appreciate any input on this. We need to get this setup done at the earliest and I am not getting clear-cut help on the Mitel-NuPoint integration anywhere. Thanks!

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 06:01:56 AM »
Hi cevvel,

Don't have the COS for the voicemail ports as permanent DND as you need to be able to call them.

In the MiCollab setup don't setup the voicemail ports as phones/users.
You are trying to create new extensions on the 3300 but they already exist that is why you are getting the error.

You need to setup the voicemail ports in the Line Group.

I have attached an extract from the MAS I&M Manual.
Follow it through carefully and you shouldn't have any problems.

Offline cevvel

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 07:25:34 AM »
Thanks Sarond. I followed your document. However I am stuck at one point -

When I tried to add lines (under Line Group), I do not see anything under the PBX drop down menu (where the document says we need to see 3300 ICP that was added)

I tried again by removing network element and adding it again as well. After adding network element, I went to "NuPoint Web Console", clicked the "Activate Offline Configuration" and then clicked "Commit Changes & Exit". After that I got "Your Offline config has changed and you must activate the config to apply the changes to your system" and I clicked "activate". It shut down NuPoint services and prompted that " Activation completed successfully and the system will soon be operational".

Then did "View system configuration" but still do not see ICP details in it.

May be I am missing something or I am doing something not in the correct way. Appreciate if you can explain me a little bit on that.

Thanks!!

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 06:35:27 PM »
When you added the Element is the MAS did you tick the box for "NPM IP Integration"

Offline cevvel

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 10:43:07 PM »
Thanks Sarond for figuring that out. I was misguided by another source not to check that out. When I checked out that option and activated the configuration, I see 3300 appearing in PBX menu and the integration thus worked. Once again thank you very much for the timely help and support! Wish you a very happy new year!!

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 12:22:53 AM »
No Problem,

Glad you got it sorted out.

Offline mbrike

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 10:15:49 AM »
Any chance I could get that document?  I'm working on the same vein and hitting the same errors.

Offline cevvel

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 06:58:10 AM »
Hi Mbrike,

You can find the document attached with Saroj's reply to me on Dec 23. That's the document I found very useful for my configuration

Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 06:01:56 AM »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10