Author Topic: MCD in front of another system  (Read 1537 times)

Offline martyn

• View Profile
MCD in front of another system
« on: December 15, 2014, 04:25:29 PM »
Just trying to figure out the best way to have a MCD in front of another system (in this case Cisco) connected via a SIP trunk.

The problem comes in that unless the SIP Peer Profile Assignment by Incoming DID form is populated then the MCD will just return a 404 not found. So if a user of the system sitting behind the MCD tries to dial out to the PSTN by going via the MCD, then basically all possible PSTN numbers must be allowed for in that form against that SIP Peer Profile.

Surely there must be a way around this, or a better way to do it that I just can't think of?

Offline matthew

• View Profile
Re: MCD in front of another system
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 05:20:54 PM »
I have a 3rd party application that makes calls through an MCD via SIP trunk to ISDN trunks and that form is empty.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 06:13:19 PM »
In your SIP peer profile what Authentication option for incoming calls is set? Just doing more reading, and yet to test, but it seems like setting it to validate address could work to remove the need for incoming DiD entries.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 06:57:52 PM »
In answering my own question, it seems that setting the SIP Peer profile to validate the address for the incoming call is enough to get around the incoming DID entry requirement, so that makes life easy!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10