Author Topic: 3300 User Licenses ??  (Read 1599 times)

Offline SUSD

• View Profile
3300 User Licenses ??
« on: December 10, 2014, 05:33:47 PM »
3300 MXe 2-Clustered Rel 4.2 / 10.2.0.26_2  EMB-VM 6-SX200 10-ASU

Looking at my system,  Licenses / System Capacity / User - IP User Licenses

I have 26 Used and 26 Purchased  (Sorry, we still have a lot of digital stations)

I asked about purchasing more IP User Licenses.  (I have IP Phones)

I'm told I must buy IP User and IP Device Licenses ?  I don't see anywhere in the system about Device licenses.

Also, that the cost has gone from $166 to $245 per license with this option.

Is someone trying to hose me or what ?

Thanks !

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 3300 User Licenses ??
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 07:58:38 PM »
I can't recall when exactly the "new" licensing scheme went in to place, but I thought it was with rel 4.0. What this means is that Mitel no longer distinguished between IP users/devices/SIP devices. They were all placed into one User License and split between stand alone and enterprise. You would be an enterprise user since you have IP trunking enabled. I do recall that the pricing went up on the user/device license combo as a way to nudge the older releases to catch up and get with the newer schedule. I can't speak to the pricing itself as that will be VAR dependant, but I would ask if you can just buy the Enterprise Licenses to fill your needs and I know the MLP is less than what they are quoting you. If they refuse, find a new VAR. I would guess that they probably have a surplus of those old licenses on their AMC account and they are trying to dump them on someone.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10