Author Topic: Clearing Phantom Programmable Key on Digital Line cards  (Read 3519 times)

Offline markhenry

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Clearing Phantom Programmable Key on Digital Line cards
« on: December 07, 2014, 08:34:09 PM »
I'm new to the Mitel 5000 and I have several digital stations that report programmable keys set up on them that don't actually exist on the phone.
I have tried pulling the line card out, clearing the station back to factory defaults but can't get rid of the settings. One station has call forward busy/no answer set to a station that wasn't in use until recently so the problem went undetected. Any ideas on how to clear these settings would be greatly appreciated!

Offline cholzhauer

• View Profile
Re: Clearing Phantom Programmable Key on Digital Line cards
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 08:02:17 AM »
Depending on how many users have this issue, you could give them an account on the 5000 so they can edit their phone settings via the phonesystem itself

http://<ip or DNS name of phone system>/

Offline markhenry

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 08:54:53 AM »
Ok...still trying to understand all the locations this kind of information can be set/stored...
Is forward/no answer/busy able to be set in multiple stored locations?
Is the option set via the phone stored in a different location than via the web interface?
Shouldn't the options show up via the phone regardless of where they're turned on/off?
Thanks!

Offline Hovus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 01:25:34 PM »
Could be that the phone's System Forwarding is set to No Answer/Busy to another extension.

System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > (ext #) > System Forwarding Path
Note the number

Go to System > Phone Related Information > System Forwarding Path
See where the path goes

Might be as simple as changing that value. Otherwise, you could see if the phone is forwarded by going into On-Line Monitor and go into the phone's Forwarding Information. (Would advise against going into OLM if you aren't familiar with 5000s though).

Offline markhenry

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 01:57:07 PM »
Thanks for the info. I verified the forwarding path on the phone and they system. They are referencing our voicemail as they should.
I will give the OLM a try and see if it shows anything amiss...
Any pointers on using the OLM safely?
Thanks,
Mark

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 06:11:48 PM »
Markhenry,

You seem to be talking about two different issues, programmable keys and forwarding.

What exactly are you referring two when you say that you have programmable keys that don't show up on the phone? Are you referencing the correct Keymap interface for that phone. There is a drop down box that allows you to pick the correct phone style so the keys match up properly to the phone.

To clear station forwarding you can put a button on the phone for forwarding and it will light up on any type of forwarding and pressing it cancels that forwarding. You could also reissue the forwarding command manually at the phone and select nothing, hang up, and it will cancel. The default feature code for your call forward if no answer/busy is 358. There are 4 types of station call forwarding and the codes range from 355 to 358, look them up under feature codes and sort by description so they will be at the top of the list.

The best course of action for OLM is not to use it or change anything that you do not fully understand what it effects. My suggestion is to only make changes that a certified technician or engineer instructs you to make.

Thanks,

TE

Offline markhenry

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 09:58:23 PM »
The function that is happening, is call forward busy/no answer.
No forwarding shows to be set on the phone and I have gone through all the call forward cancel options on the phone to make sure they weren't set.
The reference to the keymap is from the system side when you select the station and retrieve all the references to the station in the system. The list returns a reference to a programmable key with the number of the station the calls are forwarding to.

My original question was more to where these setting are stored in the event they are "stuck" in the system. Is this data stored on the digital line card? some other card in the system?
Other than swapping digital line cards, is there anything I can do to clear "stuck" data from the system about this phone?
I have seen similar references on other stations that had no apparent forwarding options set as well.
I will attach the output I'm referring to in the morning when I get to work.
Thanks again,
Mark

Offline markhenry

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 09:59:50 AM »
The information below is being collected from System>Devices and Feature Codes>Stations>Local>16107>Right Click and select "Associated Devices and References" from the menu.
Keyset 16107 Information...

Associated Devices:
16107 Doe, John JOHN D. Mailbox
References:
Hunt Group 16019 - Member
IP Phone 13119 - Programmable Key
Keyset 13018 - Programmable Key    <<<This is the station that receives calls during a Busy/No answer situation on 16107.
Keyset 16102 - Programmable Key
Station - Ring-In Destination 1

Where is the above data stored for this phone?
How can it be cleared from the system?
Thanks again all,
Mark

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 02:02:53 PM »
Markhenry,

All database information is stored on either the CPC or CPS of your system, nothing is stored on the actual digital cards for the phone.

I think I understand your problem. Go to x13018 and look at its programmable keys and you will most likely find that it has a secondary extension of 16107 on it. Just clear that key type out and set it to unassigned or anything but secondary extension.

Thanks,

TE

Offline markhenry

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2014, 04:11:44 PM »
Thanks so much! That was it! Secondary extension.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10