Author Topic: 3300 MCD Release 4.2 downgraded to release 4.1 - HELP!!!  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Opalicious

• Contributer
    • View Profile
3300 MCD Release 4.2 downgraded to release 4.1 - HELP!!!
« on: December 04, 2014, 08:43:13 PM »
Hi Guys n Gals,

Haven't been on in a while which means no problems until now. I sure hope this one is an easy answer.

We have a 3300 MCD, rel. 4.2 which somehow got degraded to rel. 4.1 I can see this from the 'about' button, as it shows active software load 10.1.0.69_1 and inactive software load 10.1.2.16. Can a simple 'SWAP' command restore the 4.2 release?

I'm pretty sure someone went in and tried programming something and did something wrong to downgrade the system, but now im stuck getting it back up to right level.

So if I do the swap command will it work, and revert to the 4.2? And will all the old programming be unaffected?

Thanks in advance,
Opalicious

Offline matthew

• View Profile
Re: 3300 MCD Release 4.2 downgraded to release 4.1 - HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 11:43:44 PM »
Think of "SWAP" as pulling out one hard drive and installing another. Everything that was on the inactive side comes to life, and everything that is currently active goes away. That includes voicemail etc. It will be as it was when it was swapped originally. Have your users check any important mailboxes that may have received messages before you swap back.

"SWAP" is fairly dangerous for the uninitiated that are simply looking for the "MOVE SWAP" command.

Offline Opalicious

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 07:00:36 AM »
Think of "SWAP" as pulling out one hard drive and installing another. Everything that was on the inactive side comes to life, and everything that is currently active goes away. That includes voicemail etc. It will be as it was when it was swapped originally. Have your users check any important mailboxes that may have received messages before you swap back.

"SWAP" is fairly dangerous for the uninitiated that are simply looking for the "MOVE SWAP" command.

Thank you for replying Matthew,

The 4.2 was being used originally, the other is the backup system. so I need it to be active as all the programming on the 4.2 need to be in place right now. So my question, is there a safer way to re-upgrade the system?

Offline mszodiac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 07:03:43 AM »
I've used the SWAP command to toggle between software releases without any problem.

Offline Opalicious

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 08:56:52 AM »
I've used the SWAP command to toggle between software releases without any problem.

Thanks Mszodiac- I will do that later tonight to avoid any system down time during daily operations.

Offline august

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 09:45:26 AM »
You just have to type swap, than confirm.  It will reboot the controller.  In about 10-15 minutes, everything will be back to rls 4.2. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10