Author Topic: ISDN30 query  (Read 4267 times)

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
ISDN30 query
« on: December 04, 2014, 05:11:31 AM »
Hi,

We have a Mitel 3300 system with around about 80 phones now live, reduced dramatically due to other organisations in the same building having their own cisco solutions etc...

The query i have is we have a couple of referral centres in the building around about 30 staff in total so take a large number of calls daily. I've had lots of reports of callers unable to get through, or calls ringing then dropping or the RAD greeting callers are meant to receive after 1 ring doesnt kick in and the phone just rings and rings in its own little world and others getting an engaged tone from people informing me...

I contacted our ISDN provider who said we have a ISDN30 connection but with only 20 channels live. I've asked them to quote for the extra's to be enabled as i suspect at certain times of the day calls are peaking and would i be right in saying say the 21'st active caller on the current setup would get a engaged tone or just ring out?
Is there commands to show me there are only 20 channels live at present or any commands/tools that would be useful to know what exactly is happening? Or would simply enabling the additional 10 channels resolve this issue as a common cause?

Help much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: ISDN30 query
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 08:33:08 AM »
Here's a couple of things.
1st check to see how many trunks are programmed in your PBX trunk group.
If it's more than 20 and you only own 20 then you will have some issues.
Find out what the trunk group is and then you can stat it.  i.e. "stat t g 1" will show you how many trunks are in use in trunk group 1.

Next check through your logs and look for "Congestion"   That will show you if out bound calls are failing.  It won't show you anything for inbound.

You can also turn on traffic.   I normally like to turn on traffic reporting for business hours.   It will save up to 10 reports on your hard drive.
If you enter "cat info *.traffic" you will see what files are there.
Once you know the file name you can use the "Type" command to see it.

Ralph

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 10:28:38 AM »
Ralph is correct for outgoing calls. For incoming calls the provider can send calls to an active trunk and in the Mitel giving a trunk a trunk number with all other property's is activating the trunk. So only the first 20 trunks of your 30 available should be assigned with a number.

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 04:32:45 AM »
Hi guys,

thanks for the response. Doing the stat t g 1 command has come back with the below - So wondering if that would concern you in any way?

7 1  2   1 20| Universal E1         | Busy           |Call Proc|8 0D8|Wait     
 7 1  2   1 19| Universal E1         | Busy           |Call Proc|1 0A1|Wait     
 7 1  2   1 18| Universal E1         | Busy           |Call Proc|6 176|Wait     
 7 1  2   1 17| Universal E1         | Busy           |Call Proc|5 564|Wait     
 7 1  2   1 16| Universal E1         | Reserved       |Call Proc|1 109|Wait     
 7 1  2   1 15| Universal E1         | Busy           |Call Proc|2 4F9|Wait     
 7 1  2   1 14| Universal E1         | Idle           |         |     |         
 7 1  2   1 13| Universal E1         | Idle           |         |     |         
 7 1  2   1 12| Universal E1         | Idle           |         |     |         
 7 1  2   1 11| Universal E1         | Idle           |         |     |         
 7 1  2   1 10| Universal E1         | Idle           |         |     |         
 7 1  2   1  9| Universal E1         | Idle           |         |     |         
 7 1  2   1  8| Universal E1         | Idle           |         |     |         
 7 1  2   1  7| Universal E1         | Busy           |Call Proc|6 14E|Wait     
 7 1  2   1  6| Universal E1         | Busy           |Call Proc|8 50F|Wait     
 7 1  2   1  5| Universal E1         | Busy           |Call Proc|6 0D6|Wait     
 7 1  2   1  4| Universal E1         | Busy           |Call Proc|1 1C1|Wait     
 7 1  2   1  3| Universal E1         | Busy           |Call Proc|5 0FD|Wait     
 7 1  2   1  2| Universal E1         | Busy           |Call Proc|1 1A9|Wait     
 7 1  2   1  1| Universal E1         | Busy           |Call Proc|3 532|Wait     

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 09:02:46 AM »
So wondering if that would concern you in any way?

That depends on when the snapshot was taken.
If it was taken during a slow time then yes, I would be concerned.
If it was taken during a busy time of day, then it would appear to still have a lot of capacity left.

Ralph

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 06:47:50 AM »
Thanks for the information Ralph.

Is this the best test to do at certain times of the day to establish if all channels are busy then? I'm just trying to prove that the problem we seem to experience is down to this rather than paying the extra rental costs for the other 10 channels to be enabled.

Thanks in advance.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 08:31:23 AM »
I would think the best thing to do is to start running Traffic Reports.
It will show you when all trunks are busy and how many times a call failed due to a trunk group being congested.

Ralph

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 09:31:25 AM »
Thanks, i seem to be struggling with the command....

i can do - calalog information but then it wants <pathname> ???

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 09:38:44 AM »
following on from the command you gave Ralph - catalog information *.TRAFFIC i get the below

FS info: Displaying file information for catalog *.TRAFFIC                     
  Empty Catalog 

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 10:46:56 AM »
Your traffic reporting isn't turned on.
Go to the Traffic form and enable it.
You want to see Trunks, trunk groups and Routes.
Activate it only for normal business hours.
Most of the others you'll leave blank or default.
Once you turn it on it may take a day to have any relevant data.

Ralph

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 08:57:26 AM »
Thanks Ralph i've located it and turned on the features you mentioned. So if i allow this to run for a day i can do the catalog info command and it will display results in the console? As just wondered how it records as says 10 files...

Thanks again

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2014, 09:41:27 AM »
Each of the 10 files is a traffic report for 1 hour.
It will over write the oldest file if there are more than 10 so I always suggest just capturing for business hours.

After it's run for a couple of hours you can enter the command Cat Info *.traffic
It will show you what files are actually there.
Then you can use the Type command to type out the file.   

Ralph

Offline august

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2014, 06:44:50 PM »
You can just send the file to the LPR1 and then telnet to port 1754 to capture all the files.

Offline august

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2014, 06:49:39 PM »
In the traffic form, set autoprint to yes

In the Application Logical Ports , set the traffic option to LPR1

Telnet port 1754 with putty and cature the text.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2014, 08:15:57 AM »
There's something I've always wanted to see:   
A linux based program that captures logs and traffic files on port 1754 and simply saves it to a disk.
It could zip the files up to save space once a day.   Then when you want to review files you pull it to your desktop and open it up.
I'd like to see it set up for VMware so no hardware would be required.

How hard could that be?

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10