Author Topic: Mitel 5000 and Ingenius Software no longer supported  (Read 1904 times)

Offline daryler

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 and Ingenius Software no longer supported
« on: November 18, 2014, 04:27:28 PM »
We purchased our Mitel 5000 system in 2012 with the MSCRM addon from Ingenius.  Less than a year after having the system, Ingenius informed us they are no longer developing their MSCRM with the 5000.  I have asked our reseller to find something else that will work and the only thing she has found is Xarious.  However, that product is built to compete with the UCA we have now.  All I am wanting is a screen pop that starts a call activity in MSCRM when a call comes in. 

I know there are several third party applications for MSCRM (like MSCRM-ADDON), but they tell me they need a TAPI driver to hook into the phone system.  I can't find that driver for the 5000.  I have heard a rumor that Mitel is developing there own, but when?  I need something to replace the system I have now so that I can upgrade the phone system and MSCRM. 

Thanks for your help.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 and Ingenius Software no longer supported
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 03:37:44 PM »
You will need Xarios to do the TAPI integration, it may be expensive though as you need the PRO version per user for TAPI.

You could just set the Xarios instance to not pop or anything, just run in the background.

Offline daryler

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 10:41:57 AM »
Yes, the Xarious was expensive and then I still need to buy the other software to pop up the contact from CRM.   Looks like I might have to see about upgrading the 5000 to the 3300 to get the Ingenius software to work again. 

Thanks.

Offline daryler

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 10:24:00 AM »
I just can't believe that Mitel does not offer a better way to integrate the phone system to MSCRM?   Either the 5000 is getting phased out at Mitel to not care about adding features or they think Microsoft CRM is not a big enough product to develop for.   I doubt the latter.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10