Author Topic: Call routing first alternative  (Read 2766 times)

Offline mcware

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Call routing first alternative
« on: November 11, 2014, 11:28:44 AM »
Hello

We would like to configure the phones so that if a person calls a number of their direct line i.e. 01642 100123 and that person is engaged or there's no answer it should divert to the reception ring group.

I've configured this through call routing first alternative and works fine if someone calls their direct dial. However what we find happens now is if someone calls the main line number 01642 100100 and then someone from reception tries to transfer that number to extension 123 and that person is engaged or there's no answer it will also route the call back to the reception ring group where another receptionist can pickup the phone which then causes a lot of confusion.

i.e. rather than just applying to external to DDI, it's also applying to external to internal transfer from the reception. although the call routing is only set for DDI.

If someone does an internal to internal call when the person is busy it just says caller busy which is correct.

Sorry if this is confusing, hopefully it will make sense.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: Call routing first alternative
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 01:04:02 PM »
I believe that is because the Mitel treats a transferred external call as an external call and to get over that you will have to break the integration of the system.

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 03:18:34 PM »
You could try COS option Disable Call Reroute Chaining on Diversion on the priginating device

Offline mcware

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 12:23:30 PM »
Thanks, i'll give that a go.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10