Author Topic: Phone Disconnects  (Read 2691 times)

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
Phone Disconnects
« on: November 07, 2014, 09:41:21 AM »
Hello -

A location in our setup is having intermittent disconnects that our Mitel tech cannot figure out.  All phones in this location will drop the call and display two blinking dashes (Right side on the 5324s) and then quickly reconnect.  No power is lost, no network disconnects are listed in any logs.  No alarms.  Is there anything that I should be checking on?

Thanks
Bobby

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Phone Disconnects
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 11:25:20 AM »
It's going to be something with the network.  Exactly where is more of the challenge. 
The phones are losing communication with the 3300. 
You'll see logs that will show a heartbeat loss for those phones.

Are these phone resilient?  If they are then you should see a black box in the upper part of the phones display when it's in resilient mode.
If not, the phone may simply reboot.

How often does it happen?  Once an hour?  Once a day?   Once every third full moon?

Ralph

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 12:04:43 PM »
Thanks Ralph.

This happens about once/twice a day.  The phones do not actually reboot....they briefly go out and then back on within 30-90 seconds.  They are not resilient either.

When looking at logs in Maintenance and Commands, I don't see anything about a HeartBeat loss but maybe I am looking at the wrong logs. 

Could a maxed out network (ping timeout?) cause these phones to go out?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 03:35:03 PM »
If your network is maxed out you could have some pretty hefty delays.
Delays could cause the phones to disconnect.
I suspect you may have to put some type of continuous ping against the controller to see if you see delays or drops when the phones go down.

Ralph

Offline Rmitel

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 01:03:51 PM »
Hello -

A location in our setup is having intermittent disconnects that our Mitel tech cannot figure out.  All phones in this location will drop the call and display two blinking dashes (Right side on the 5324s) and then quickly reconnect.  No power is lost, no network disconnects are listed in any logs.  No alarms.  Is there anything that I should be checking on?

Thanks
Bobby

Hi,

Sounds like either, there is an ip conflict for the mitel controller where something else on the network has a duplicate.  Have a check in the logs on the mitel and see.  Also, on the procurves on the web interface look at the logs on the first screen, does it show any excessive broadcasts on any of the switches?

Are the phones and controller on the same vlan? Are they are the same ip range?  Is there any firewall or router in between the controller and handsets?

R

Offline Rmitel

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 01:11:03 PM »
Also, it is very unlikely that the network is becoming maxed out.  The phones by default are set to dscp46 and l2p-6 for network quality of service.  If the procurves are set to their default then they will again by default set the priority of the phone packets to the highest and therefore should work even on a maxed out network.

Offline mszodiac

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 02:39:28 PM »
Do you have a Juniper or a Riverbed, or some kind of accelerator in-line with the router? I've seen the same problem.  The Juniper was faulty and it wasn't passing voice vlan traffic correctly.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 05:47:24 PM »
Do you have a Juniper or a Riverbed, or some kind of accelerator in-line with the router? I've seen the same problem.  The Juniper was faulty and it wasn't passing voice vlan traffic correctly.

Now that you mention it, I have seen this with Juniper firewalls.   There was something we had to turn off.  Having trouble remembering what it was...

Ah,  remembered.  Turned of the ALG.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10