Author Topic: How do I forward busy/No answer or get voice mail to pickup an extension?  (Read 2222 times)

Offline jes.amos

• Contributer
    • View Profile
I inherited a Mitel 3300 CX ii from a previous IT firm that was managing my clients site.  I am not familiar with the Mitel nomenclature, menu structure or programming in general.  So far I've been able to figure out how to add users and devices, add numbers to the PRI program create voice mail boxes and copy keys to new phones with relative ease.  One thing that I have not been able to figure out is how to get the voice mailbox to answer on busy or no answer.  Where is this in the menu?  Is this under the user and devices configuration or the voice mail configuration?  What is Fwd Busy/No ans called in the mitel world?  is this a class of service setting?  if so why is it that the new extensions have the same class of service as the old extensions and the voice mailbox doesn't answer?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Jes

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: How do I forward busy/No answer or get voice mail to pickup an extension?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 01:17:47 PM »
Its in two places. It can be done without the extensions use in call reroute under the menu system Call reroute first alternative is the most used. Or it can be done under the superkey which is not at all intuitive in many ways but works. You have to program cfna on internal and external separately and also the same for CFB and then you have to turn them on individually. Or you can do it in group programming by programming each extension under configure the extensions call forwarding. Individual users can also do this if they have been given web access to the desktop tool. Sometimes it dpeend s om the release level of the software what you can actually do on the phone as well.

Offline jes.amos

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 01:33:37 PM »
Under "Call reroute first alternative"  I have 23 pages of "Normal" for every option and none of the first alternative numbers or Directory numbers match any of my DN's or DID's.  I'm guessing this means the last IT company used the "Superkey" method.  What is required to do this?  Do I need a programming set?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 01:48:30 PM »
No each phone has access to call forwarding. Desktop toll is a bit easier once users have the hang of it. Depends on whether they have been given access..

Offline jes.amos

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 02:30:17 PM »
Sounds easy enough but again I'm a noob at Mitel.  How do I access Call forwarding?  How do I give access to a DN? Once the DN has access how to I enable the feature from the set?  Is there an administrators guide or a crash course somewhere I can learn this stuff?

Offline jes.amos

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 02:42:06 PM »
OK I checked the Call forward on a set that is going to voice mail and one that is not.  In both cases the call forwarding profile is set to None. How can I tell what method was used to forward calls to voice mail on the old sets?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 02:52:55 PM »
on the set that is forwarded press the superkey till you get to tehn the soft key or # till you get to call frowarding then yes or * and follow that through.

Offline jes.amos

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 02:58:11 PM »
On the set that does forward to voicemail, Call forward is set to "Disabled".  How can I tell what method is used on that set or DID to send it to voicemail?

Offline jes.amos

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 03:09:12 PM »
Nevermind.  I found the option under "Call Routing -> Call Handling -> Call Rerouting" 
Now to figure out DND.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 05:30:21 AM »
I think I mentioned that option in my first post...

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10