Author Topic: UC360 Connectivity  (Read 1856 times)

Offline micp

• View Profile
UC360 Connectivity
« on: October 31, 2014, 06:38:06 AM »
Hi All,

We have recently had our Mitel Phone System upgraded from ISDN to SIP along with a vMAS, vMCD & vMBG

And as part of the sales pitch was the UC360 VC units which were sold to us as single VC solution, while this may be the case across our LAN\WAN its seems that connectivity to other units outside our network like ISDN or IP based systems is non existent.

I'm not a hugely technical person when it come to Mitel systems but it seems to me from what I hive read that outside our Organisation we would only be able to connect to other SIP units, is this the case?

Thanks in advance

Mic P

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: UC360 Connectivity
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 10:53:44 AM »
That depends on a few variables. You can make voice calls both internally and over the PSTN with no problem. However, if you want to share presentations or video, you're a bit more limited. You can natively connect with video between other UC360's in your organization. In addition, you can use the built-in apps (WebEx, Join.Me, MiCollab, etc.) to share presentations with any other external parties able to connect to those apps. For external videoconferencing, you need to connect to a 3rd party service, like Vidyo.

Personally, I'm hoping an upcoming release includes Google Hangouts integration, but I haven't heard anything on if that's in the roadmap for the product.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10