Author Topic: Ring Over Page?  (Read 2273 times)

Offline xxovermetalxx

• View Profile
Ring Over Page?
« on: October 30, 2014, 12:56:58 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I have a couple of door phones. Right now, they are set to house phones. So when we have a delivery or visitor, they lift the phone, and a hunt group is automatically dialed. I am wondering how I can have these phones ring over our paging system as well? Sometimes when our production rooms are loud, the employees don't hear the phones. This is not ideal for when there is no one in the office.

Our older Nortel system does this, so I am hoping the Mitel phone system can do it too.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Ring Over Page?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 05:56:41 PM »
There are ring-over-page adapters from Viking or Valcom that sit on analog station ports and then you can just put that port in the HG.  But my favorite method is to open up a low-end phone (8528 or 5304) and just tap into the speaker leads.  As a bonus, this also gives you another paging output, just put the keyset in a page group.

Offline anjo

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 04:01:23 PM »
I'd love to see a walk through of tapping into the speaker leads.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 10:34:13 PM »
I've done this a bunch of times, but don't have a video.  If you remove the screws that hold the back on you'll see the speaker just sitting there.  I soldered wires to the two leads, but if you don't like to solder you can find some green ScotchLok type UG connectors that slide over the existing wire and piggy-back a new one to it.  For mine I also cut a rectangular hole in the back panel (the one you replace with wireless module etc.) and run my new wires to a jack I force through the hole, could use an audio jack instead.  That way if I don't have wires hanging out of the phone. If I ever need to replace the phone I just change the module cover over and resolder the wire.  Warning: if you do this to someone's desk phone you really can't use it as speakerphone anymore.

Offline xxovermetalxx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 02:52:43 PM »
I realized I never said thank you for this! I did it and it worked great. I mounted a 5320 on the wall next to our amp and extended the speaker wire leads from inside the phone to the input on the amp. I set up ring groups and placed this phone in them, now when that group is activated by a person waiting at the door, people on the production floor know to go help them.

Thank you!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10