Author Topic: Odd Call transfers/routing  (Read 1483 times)

Offline jdavis1029

• View Profile
Odd Call transfers/routing
« on: October 27, 2014, 10:54:35 AM »
Hi all, we are experiencing an odd issue with call routing. We have roughly 300 phones in our building and about 30 HG's. Periodically (handful of times /day) calls will get transferred to a single phone that was transferred to a HG. The phone transferred to is not in any HG or extension and when calls are sent over it maybe from any random HG that it was intended for. I have looked at the phones being forwarded, DND forward and from with the DB being forwarded. We are also unable to recreate the occurrence.
Any feedback or ideas would be appreciated. 

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Odd Call transfers/routing
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 12:35:18 PM »
I'd inspect these areas:
Recall destinations of HGs...follow the path, don't just accept what's listed (could be manual forwards etc you can't see), so make test calls
Announcement and overflow CRAs, maybe a digit translation that user stumbles into by desperation button pushing...again, follow the path
Kill the extension concerned, if it's always the same one, by removing the ext entirely, then re-create...if there was anything hidden that should cancel it.

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 11:01:54 AM »
Another thing to check would be the Primary Attendant extension number. This is where abandoned & unroutable calls are sent.

Offline jdavis1029

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 02:34:56 PM »
Thank you guys! I defiantly appreciate your feedback. I'll dig around in those areas for a resolution.   

Offline dkreck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 11:21:18 AM »
Any resolution to this problem? I have the same scenario and i'm not sure if any logs will help determine a solution

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10