Author Topic: Mitel Bluetooth Module Fuctionality  (Read 2736 times)

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Mitel Bluetooth Module Fuctionality
« on: October 24, 2014, 11:48:25 AM »
Hello All,
I've installed a Bluetooth module onto a Mitel 5330e IP phone for one of our hearing impaired customers so that they can pair up their Bluetooth hear-aid device (Oticon Streamer Pro). I got the Bluetooth device to pair up with the Mitel Bluetooth Module successfully. The person was able to receive an inbound call with no issue. However making an outbound call is proving difficult. If I'm not mistaken you simply press the talk/call button on the Bluetooth device to grab dial tone, yes? (Much like Mitels Cordless headset module and headset) Before I actually went out onsite to install this I had the phone and Bluetooth module at my office. I was able to pair up my Bluetooth headset to the Mitel Bluetooth Module. I kind of experienced the same thing where inbound calls were no problem, but I was having to continually press (Even hold down at times) the talk button in order to get dial tone. If anyone can offer some insight as to the functionality on this that'd be great! Thus far it seems to act like an "As Seen on TV" product.

Thanks,
-Iron

zackf

Re: Mitel Bluetooth Module Fuctionality
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 04:49:36 PM »
I think adding a "headset" button would help, that way it's not up to the phone to determine if you intend to use the headset or the speakerphone for an outgoing call.

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel Bluetooth Module Fuctionality
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 02:00:50 PM »
I think adding a "headset" button would help, that way it's not up to the phone to determine if you intend to use the headset or the speakerphone for an outgoing call.

zackf,
Very interesting, I have tested this out and it works!. I always believed that the "Headset" key, would simply activate the "Headset" jack on the back side of the phone. I had no idea it would smartly negotiate where the headset is. In addition I noticed that the key itself remains lit up.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10