Author Topic: SP2 upgrade - no longer booting  (Read 2213 times)

Offline NinjaShroom

• Contributer
    • View Profile
SP2 upgrade - no longer booting
« on: October 24, 2014, 10:46:39 AM »
Hi all,

Just applied an upgrade to our live 5000 from 6.0 PR4 up to SP2, all went well and the system rebooted, however it will no longer complete the startup routines. It appears to get as far as starting either rch_ok or dei_ok then keep looping between stopping and restarting the same few services. I have tried plugging a USB cable in the front panel to see what is going on console-wise but all i get on screen is a load of jumbled up characters!  :o

Clearly i am being an idiot somewhere, does anyone have the right settings i should be using to view the console (i have tried using PuTTY and Hyperterminal)

Is there a way to re-apply the update? (clutching at straws to be honest, i don't have too much experience with the 5000 series  :(

thanks in advance,

Mike

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SP2 upgrade - no longer booting
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 11:22:15 AM »
NinjaShroom,

Are you saying that it never comes up where you can get to the Web Portal? Also I believe that the USB Port requires that you run the latest software for that since it changed a little while back and the settings should be 9600, 8, N, 1, no HFC.

If it doesn't come up you may need to get a new CF and try again.

Thanks,

TE

Offline NinjaShroom

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 05:51:16 PM »
Hi TE,

I have now managed to boot up to a point where the system is saying Waiting for CP (along with stopping and starting various modules) I can now get into the AWS and under updates it is showing that cs-romd and cs-system as half installed!?! looking around I am being told to click the 'Upgrade All' button to fix this but there isn't one! I did see something about using a Support account but I don't know the details - I think it is still disabled as well...

Is there anything I can do on the CF card to 'trick' the system into upgrading the packages again?

just for info, I needed to set the baud rate to 115200 on mine to get anything useful out of the USB port on the front.  :)

thanks,

Mike

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 07:22:14 AM »
NinjaShroom,

Sorry for not being able to get back to you sooner on this, but were you able to resolve the issue?

Thanks,

TE

Offline NinjaShroom

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 03:58:27 PM »
TE,

I managed to get into the support account (was disabled and I don't have the admin password) and tried applying the upgrade again and tried downgrading to 5.1 but the system doesn't appear to install anything - just says update complete.

There are two modules listed as half-installed, cs-system and cs-romd but they don't seem to ever complete. I have ordered a replacement CF card but I may keep the old one for testing purposes as it would be good to find out what went wrong.

Thanks for the help though  :)

Mike

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 05:12:59 PM »
NinjaShroom,

Have you tried to manually install just those two through the web interface instead of using the LCD USB Upgrade?

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10