Author Topic: Mitel Phone Manager  (Read 10462 times)

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
Mitel Phone Manager
« on: October 22, 2014, 12:07:29 AM »
Anyone out there have a solid handle on the recently released Mitel Phone Manager?  I have experience with the Xarios product but I am not sure how this differs and if the Xarios product will continue.

Offline chrismitel

• View Profile
Re: Mitel Phone Manager
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 03:31:44 AM »
Hi,

It is in effect the same product.  Mitel rebranding it.  If you have worked on 4.0 then there isn't too much different.  Not sure yet if support is going to come from Mitel or Xarios now.

Offline lowradiation

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 09:30:06 PM »
I was wondering what it was because when I call tech support and enter a Mitel 5000 application record ID I get prompted "For Mitel phone manager press 1.  For Mitel 5000 press 2"
Just checked out a youtube video of it - looks pretty good.
I cannot find a download for it on the Mitel's website.
Is it available in North America? or is it a UK only product?

Offline chrismitel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 03:20:17 AM »
I believe it isn't due for release for a couple of weeks.  Would guess will be available for download then and for everywhere as development is Canada and UK.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 10:09:16 AM »
Apparently according to this blog from Denwa in the UK:

http://blog.denwa.uk.com/introducing-mitel-phone-manager-simply-amazing/

It is Xarios Phone Manager V4 rebranded.

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 06:58:01 PM »
My info is that it will be v 4.0 re branded with some changes. 
It will have a couple limitation designed to move prospective buyer into MiCollab.  This include not support as many CRMs
Also sounds like Mitel Phone Manager will be supported through Mitel not Xarios

But it sounds like the Xarios product will continue to be be sold without this "limitations"

Based on what I have seen there will still be places for both products and dealers should look at carrying both.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 11:20:38 AM »
Downloaded this today, not had chance to install it yet but it's V4.1, so a tweaked version of the Xarios V4 Phone Manager.

Offline mitelengineeruk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 04:39:49 PM »
Version 4 is becoming a vast improvement over previous versions in both features and the look and feel.

I think eventually the Phone Manager will make the UCA on the MiVoice Office redundant.  There are ttoowo many things that end up not working properly with MiCollab/UCA on the 5000 or don't integrate that I think it will probably fall by the wayside.  For SME business the Phone Manager ticks so many boxes and is simple and easy to install and configure compared to MSL/MAS/MiCollab/UCA etc.

Offline L_Downing

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 11:56:31 AM »
We have migrated from Xarios Phone Manager to the new Mitel 4.1 Phone Manager.
One of the reasons was due to the integrated softphone features - The plan was to have some staff using softphones as the business grows.
I myself am a softphone user and previously used Mitel Unifed Communicator with Xarious phone managers, but there was no integration between the two and looking up numbers was slow.
I would say that anyone looking to make the switch should wait for the bugs to be sorted!
Problems we’ve experienced:
System speed dials stop displaying – restart of client required
Toaster window (call progress window) stops appearing – while annoying for someone with a physical phone; softphone users are unable to answer calls or end a call they have made – restart of server is required.
Toaster window (call progress window) does nothing when you click to answer an incoming call – – restart of client required
Server hangs – when a fault needs to be rectified by means of a reboot of the server; the server hangs on ‘shutting down’. I can only assume it can’t stop a Mitel service – killing power to the server and then restarting is the only resolution.
Softphone does not feature the option to ring from speakers – while it may not be a problem for those that constantly have a headset on; it does mean that others in the office can hear it ringing if the person is away from their desk or if the user has taken their headset off and is not looking at their screen, they do not know they have an imbound call – this was a feature in Mitel UC….I have no idea why they didn’t include this.
The software comes bundled with Jarba Control Centre, yet there are no Mitel Phone Manager config settings to import into it, so you can’t use the answer button of the headset to answer a call – setting the softphone vendor/name to anything other than ‘none (audio only)’ in the Jabra software, will cause all sorts of issues.

In short, Xarios Phone Manager was rock solid. Mitel Phone Manager acts like a beta program, with further work to be done one it.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 10:14:34 PM »
Mitel Phone Manager 4.2 is due for release soon.
Hopefully it fixes some of your bugs.

Offline #928

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 03:48:45 PM »
I have two installations where the clients get a pop up saying "Your user account is invalid, update the details and retry".  The user can click apply and most of the time it will start working,  sometimes they have to restart the client. Anyone else seen this??

Offline mattybrownuk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2015, 06:24:30 PM »
We upgraded from Xarios Phone Manager v3 to Mitel Phone Manager v4.2 last week.

We've had a few teething issues, like the lack of call banner field customisation for "Standard (legacy)" licenses, the licenses in use count going totally out of sync until rebooting the server and the lack of options that are available when importing into directories from an external source (in version 3 it was possible to clear the directory before the import, to prevent stale/orphaned entries).

Could you tell me what version you're on?  We're on 4.2.4 (build 4.2.3144.3).  I'm hoping that there's a newer build that already had some of these bugs fixed, but so far Mitel/Xarios support has been very, slow.

Thanks,
Matty Brown.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10