Author Topic: UCA Information  (Read 1505 times)

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
UCA Information
« on: October 21, 2014, 12:44:25 PM »
Hello all,
We've got a Mitel 3300 with UCA. I was looking for clarification on the option of "Use calendar to set Advisory message"? It is found under "Configuration - Calendar Configuration".

Simply playing around with it, if checked it seems to display my "Next Appointment" under the "Enter a brief message" in the UCA client. And unchecked it seems to simply make it not display. (But obviously leaves it intact in my Outlook calendar)

If it does some other function, I'd love to know.

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: UCA Information
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 04:58:32 PM »
**UPDATE**
I have viewed the help file and found the info. For those interested, it says

Use calendar to set Advisory message: Enabling this option adds text (based on your calendar entries) to your Dynamic Status to indicate your calendar status. Typically, Advisory messages reflect the following calendar-related information:
  • You are currently in a meeting, busy, or out of the office until a particular time
  • You are scheduled to be in a meeting, busy, or out of the office at a particular time
You are scheduled to be in a meeting, busy, or out of the office at a particular time

If an appointment is marked as Tentative, the Advisory message includes this information too.

...so yeah, it appears to only enable/disable the display of the calendar event on the UCA Client.
 :)

Thanks,
-Iron
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 05:01:41 PM by irongladiator »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10