Author Topic: Weird one...  (Read 1375 times)

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Weird one...
« on: October 15, 2014, 08:06:18 AM »
Mitel 3300Mx 20 user V8.0 software (yes I know) Having some weird problems. First sign was a user complaining that his DDI's were going to the wrong phone...no changes have been made and on checking everything is ok...rights itself of its own accord.

Next a few days later I log in to do some changes and everything loads Ok in the console but I can't click on a user to change any details, none of them.

Go in a couple of days later to try again and everything in the console is hunky dory but I can';t hen backup my changes... for some reason its not recogising Java. java is installed and working and all adjustments have been made to security levels etc. But the backup page insists it can't find Java. I tried ftp'ing the repair file for the IE9 problem just to make sure and it made no difference.

I am beginning to suspect either a corrupted database or a hard disk failing... is there any way to check the hard disk from maintenance commands. I know you can check HD space but is there any other checks that are not common knowledge...

Thanks for any help guys....

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Weird one...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 08:19:39 AM »
The only way I've ever been able to find a bad drive is to connect to the RTC console (either via puTTY in RAW mode to port 2002, or straight to the serial port on the front of the controller), and watch for 10-15 minutes for error messages, usually containing something line "dma_access_error" or "drive_read_error". If you see those, your drive is probably toast.

Also on those older releases, a monthly programmed reboot clears up a lot of odd problems.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: Weird one...
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 01:31:08 PM »
Ta, programmed reboot every saturday . Will try putty to see.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10