Author Topic: MiCollab Client Will Not Run After Installation  (Read 10385 times)

Offline KMiller

• View Profile
MiCollab Client Will Not Run After Installation
« on: October 03, 2014, 11:50:29 AM »
Hello

We are using MiCollab Client 6.0.327.0. We installed successfully VIA Group Policy. Most users have not had any problem But there are some who are having problems, after the installation. All our computers are Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit, Intel Core i5 processors, 4 Gig RAM and .Net 4.0 or greater.

The problem occurs after installation. The installation creates a desktop icon. When the icon is double clicked the user gets the following error (see attachmet). I have tried to everything I can think of: uninstalling/reinstalling, run as administrator, install with anti-virus turned off (sophos). I am out of ideas. Any help would be great.

If you cannot view the attachment the error reads: "MiCollab Client has stopped working".
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 12:06:05 PM by KMiller »

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Re: MiCollab Client Will Not Run After Installation
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 12:46:57 PM »
See if it will run on the same machine but logged in as a different user. If it works on a different user profile the issue could be profile based. Then you could delete the existing profile and recreate a new one.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Offline KMiller

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 01:28:04 PM »
I am going to try logging into the system. If the application launches for me, then I will remove the problem profile. Thanks for the advice. We recently converted from Shoretel to Mitel. We often had to resolved problems with the Shoretel Communicator the same way.

Offline KMiller

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 01:44:44 PM »
I logged in as myself and received the same error. There are two event items logged in the application node of event viewer after the error. I will post below.

ID 1000
Faulting application name: UCA.exe, version: 6.0.327.0, time stamp: 0x53b51238
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18409, time stamp: 0x53159a86
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000c42d
Faulting process id: 0x1770
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfdf2f965fb35e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mitel\Unified Communicator Advanced 6.0\UCA.exe
Faulting module path: C:\windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: d655d07e-4b22-11e4-8979-40a8f052a98c

ID 1026
Application: UCA.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: Common.Logging.ConfigurationException
Stack:
   at Common.Logging.Configuration.ArgUtils.Guard[[System.Int32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](Function`1<Int32>, System.String, System.Object[])
   at Common.Logging.Configuration.ArgUtils.Guard(Action, System.String, System.Object[])
   at Common.Logging.LogManager.BuildLoggerFactoryAdapt er()
   at Common.Logging.LogManager.get_Adapter()
   at Common.Logging.LogManager.GetLogger[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]]()
   at Mitel.Communicator.App..ctor()
   at Mitel.Communicator.Program.Main()

Offline mhouston@swbts.edu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 04:45:49 PM »
I seem to be having the same problem.  The program installs correctly if I install the MicCollab 6.0.327.0 client using the msi.  The program also runs without error.

If I use the /passive msiexec switch setting for a silent install the program installs without error.  However, the program terminates after execution.  I have attached the two error logs.  I am also receiving the 1026 and 1000 errors in the application logs.

NOTE:  I have created a batch file which is run under Microsoft's SCCM to install the program.  This batch deletes any old copies of the MiCollab program, skips the install if the current version is loaded, installs the program and populates the registry with the appropriate vmas server name.

I have found that using the repair option in the Control Panel's Programs and Features for the MiCollab program resolves the issue.

This is not acceptable because we desire a completely silent install for our user base.  We have about 500 workstations in which to install the client and do not want manual setup.

Here is the command-line that is used to install the program.
msiexec.exe /i %~dp0\UnifiedCommunicatorAdvanced.msi /passive /norestart /l*v c:\windows\temp\MitelMiCollab.log

Hopefully, the repair option will help some users.  Any ideas to help with a successful silent install would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 04:48:58 PM by mhouston@swbts.edu »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10