Author Topic: Refuse call does not send to voicemail on sip phone  (Read 1923 times)

Offline jasonm

• View Profile
Refuse call does not send to voicemail on sip phone
« on: October 02, 2014, 04:37:04 PM »
Hi All,

New to the forum and phone systems administration in general :)

possibly relevant information: HX Controller v6.0 SP1 PR4, call processing version 6.0.10.82

I have a number of SIP phone users with Bria 4 soft phones. The problem is that clicking the 'refuse call' button always gives a busy, rather than forwarding to voice mail. I've checked in system->device & fc->phones->nnnn->forwarding paths->n and set "Station - Busy" to Yes. I've checked the Flags under Phones and made sure that System Forwarding is set to Yes. I've tried setting various options in the client software as well.

The behavior is the same whether the call is via DID routed to extension, or internally direct to the extension.

I've set up a work around, in that I've told users how to manually transfer a call they want to ignore to 2500. If it is possible I'd really rather have it work they way users expect it to work.

Thanks for any help or pointers.

Offline bhackbarth

• View Profile
Re: Refuse call does not send to voicemail on sip phone
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 04:59:42 PM »
Under the SIP phone, take a look under Associated Extensions.  Did you point Voicemail to 2500?

Offline cholzhauer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 05:03:13 PM »
I have the same setup so I looked to see how my stuff behaves; it behaves the same.

bhackbarth, I tried your suggestion as a guess and it didn't accomplish what the OP wanted...still a busy signal

Offline jasonm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 05:11:36 PM »
Thanks for the input guys. I have the associated extensions set to 2500 for Message Center and Voice Mail.

Offline bhackbarth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 05:27:03 PM »
You've probably already been in here, but just to be sure, did you go under the SIP Phone - Forwarding Paths - 1

And make sure everything is set to Yes except for Ring Principal Once and Station - Immediate

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 05:41:06 PM »
Jasonm,

Not all the features of a SIP device are compatible with the PBX they are attached to. If there is a place in the Softphone to tell it what to dial in order to do a redirect then you may be able to get it to work, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that one. For the most part non-Mitel SIP devices can only use basic features and redirecting calls is not a basic feature.

Sorry,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10