Author Topic: UCA - MiCollab - Click to Dial  (Read 4635 times)

Offline evan631

• View Profile
UCA - MiCollab - Click to Dial
« on: October 02, 2014, 03:48:00 PM »
We recently installed MiCollab and UCA clients so our employees can drag/drop or copy/paste phone numbers out of our web application in Google chrome.  The sales people say they can be much more productive if they don't have to physically dial the phone.

People are now asking if we can make the phone numbers in our  Google Chrome application "clickable".  They would like to be able to click a phone number in chrome and it will dial out through the UCA client on the desktop.

Does anyone know if this is possible?  I know there would need to be some programming on our web application.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help!

-Evan

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: UCA - MiCollab - Click to Dial
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 04:29:35 PM »
The answer is yes and no. You can create callto links that invoke ucadialer.exe, but the current version isn't parsing this correctly and prefixes the number with 225586 unless the number is short (i.e. extension length used in uca setup).

Mitel is aware of this issue.

Offline acraig00

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 04:51:05 PM »
The answer is yes and no. You can create callto links that invoke ucadialer.exe, but the current version isn't parsing this correctly and prefixes the number with 225586 unless the number is short (i.e. extension length used in uca setup).

Mitel is aware of this issue.

This is working again for us now that our LD carrier allows local calls with a 1+.

Just had to create an "ARS Digits Dialed" in MCD:

Digits Dialed: 8225586
Number of digits to follow: 10
Termination Type: Route
Termination Number: 15

This drops the prepended "callto/225586" digits and lets the call go out.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 12:12:10 PM »
I made a bat file that stripped the callto if greater than the extension length. Used a bat to exe compiler. The result looks like a virus to most anti virus software, but it works :-)

Offline Marah Sayaman

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 11:23:31 AM »
Hi, guys!

I'm not sure about MiCollab and UCA, but if your web application is a CRM that can be integrated with Mitel, then a CTI can help you get the clickable phone numbers your salespeople want.

The click to call function is fairly common among providers of CTI software. You can explore the providers out there, but I recommend ***Blocked as spam**** if you want the click to call to work on any spreadsheet, application or any webpage. https://www.***Blocked as spam****.com/support-center/enable-or-disable-click-to-dial/

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10