Author Topic: Calls Not Being Presented  (Read 1664 times)

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Calls Not Being Presented
« on: October 01, 2014, 11:17:28 AM »
This one has me stumped. I’ve received numerous complaints from a site that incoming calls are not being presented to the ACDs, until 10 or more minutes have passed.

The complaint is as follows: the phone will ring and the call timer says the call has been active for 10 minutes or more. The caller says they have actually been holding for that long. The agent has been logged in and handling other calls during that time.

I’ve spent hours monitoring via Real Viewer, and I don’t see any issues. I received a call this morning that it happened on a UCD hunt group, the first time it wasn’t ACD.

The IP Resource Usage shows an average of less than 10 calls at a time, RAM usage peaks at 43% and CPU peaks at 27%. It doesn’t look like the system is working all that hard.

It’s an HX-5000 at version 5.1 SP4 PR5, 2 GB CF. Anyone know of any issues at that release or run into this problem before? I’ll most likely upgrade the system anyways.

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Re: Calls Not Being Presented
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 11:58:58 AM »
Being more of a Server/Desktop/Lan guy who's dangerous on his 5000, my first thought goes to - check the NTP settings and the time settings on various devices.  Are they the same or just a few seconds apart?  When a workstation gets beyond 5 minutes difference with the main domain controller, issues start to happen.  Complete SWAG, but maybe it will help.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 04:08:38 PM »
Does the caller hear system messages during that time (not just MOH)?  One novice mistake I often see is systems programmed with an ANNOUNCEMENT or OVERFLOW application and within the DIGIT TRANSLATION on the CALL ROUTING APPLICATION for the message the timeout will be set to the HG pilot number...kind of logical, but what happens is that each time the caller hears the message the CRA transfers it back to the HG at the end of the line, instead of keeping its place in the queue.  Theoretically a call might never get to the front of the line this way.  Correct timeout destination for CRA queue announcements is HANGUP...it hangs up the announcement but call stays in queue in proper position.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 07:06:26 PM »
Good thought, but neither hunt group has Announcement or Overflow destinations assigned. The ACD is a Digit Translation from a CRA, the UCD is live answer from PRI via Call Routing Table. I do have a ticket open, hopefully Mitel will have an answer.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 11:45:15 AM »
DND ON,

This may seem stupid to everyone, but make sure that the Recall Destination of the Hunt Group is not itself as well. I have seen that done, but for the life of me I do not know why they would have done it. I have also seen where there was a Recall to another Hunt Group that would then Recall back to the original Hunt Group which makes them Circular Hunt Groups, LOL, although the logic is bad to begin with I have seen it.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10