Author Topic: Outbound Call Announcements  (Read 3423 times)

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Outbound Call Announcements
« on: September 26, 2014, 07:24:40 PM »
Hello Mitel Techs!
So I have a customer that has a Mitel 5000 HX Controller (Running Ver. 6.0.9.61) they use SIP trunks (SIP Provider = Bandwidth). They would like to be able to dial outbound manually but on ALL outbound calls they would like a message/recording presented to their clients that says something to the effect of: "Hello, this is call from XYZ Company, this call will be recorded for quality or training purposes".
At which point talk path is established and the conversation can proceed. Does anyone know if the Mitel is capable of this? Or is there a 3rd party device that can do this?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Outbound Call Announcements
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 06:26:39 PM »
This is NOT a piece of cake because you need to invoke some kind of answer supervision.  But I think you might be able to do it using Intelligent Call Router module of CSM.  Write a rule that initiates Record a Call on answer.  Then instead of regular recording app create a new one with the message you require.  There's a system flag for PLAY PRE-RECORD-A-CALL message, turn that on.   If that works you can probably write a second rule to cancel record and invoke it X seconds later (X = message length).  Or record into a mailbox set for FORWARD ONLY and forward messages to an e-mail box that deletes them as spam.  Just a guess, no guarantees, but let us know the outcome.

If you don't have CSM you'd have to have agents press the RAC button instead.

Also I'm sure Voice4Net could write an app for this purpose (they write custom 5000 apps).

Offline cholzhauer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 08:19:16 AM »
We're doing something like this with our setup.  We're recording ALL inbound calls to a specific number and letting employees manually record any outbound calls.  In reality, all inbound calls are recorded, but unless the inbound call is to a specific number (that forwards to a hunt group) the calls are deleted when they're disconnected. 

We're using Tracer to record at the PRI level, but I'm told it should be available on SIP too (but the recording would only start when the call is answered, not when it's placed like PRI level recording)

Sorry I can't help you do it, but I do know it's possible.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 08:21:53 AM »
Dwayneg,

The Record-A-Call Application already has a built in Day and Night Message Recording just for this purpose so there is no need to use the Pre-Record-A-Call Message.

When the application is called, a custom Audiotex Recording (made using the system administrator’s mailbox) will play. You can select any Greeting Number for the Day or Night Greeting. ... If Record-A-Call tones are enabled, insert a pause (any length) before the Record-A-Call greeting to allow the parties to hear the first tone.

As for your application Irongladiator, are you wanting the Mitel users to dial the number manually or did you want something similar to telemarketing auto dialer to do it and then transfer the call off to the next available agent after playing a recording? If the Mitel user is going to do it they could dial the number, mute their phone, press Record-A-Call when it is answered, and then unmute their phone when the message is done playing. In that scenario you would want the Record-A-Call application to have a Day and Night Message set up so it plays the recording you want; it could be the same recording for both.

Thanks,

TE

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 01:19:53 PM »
As for your application Irongladiator, are you wanting the Mitel users to dial the number manually or did you want something similar to telemarketing auto dialer to do it and then transfer the call off to the next available agent after playing a recording? If the Mitel user is going to do it they could dial the number, mute their phone, press Record-A-Call when it is answered, and then unmute their phone when the message is done playing. In that scenario you would want the Record-A-Call application to have a Day and Night Message set up so it plays the recording you want; it could be the same recording for both.

Thanks,

TE

Hi TE,
the RAC feature may be something to pitch them, but I fear they may want something a bit more automated. The notion of having to press "Mute" then press an "RAC" button to have the recording play then "Mute" (to unmute), may prove to be not user friendly to this particular customer. To answer your question, yes they will be dialing the number manually. In addition they already have and use the "Oaisys" call recording solution. With that said, all they are wanting is the greeting to be played after EVERY call they make. But must be intelligent enough to start playing as soon as the phone is answered. Though I'm not that familiar with Oaisys, does it have this option perhaps? Thanks to all for the assistance!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 01:56:24 PM »
Irongladiator,

Unfortunately the OAISYS Server is just a Call Recording Server, although a very good one that integrates well with the Mitel 5000.

So, as for a solution to your problem you will most likely have to look into Dwayneg's solution with the Intelligent Router and then build scripts to monitor to you agents calls that would then play the recording when the customer answers. This is not a normal request and I don't know of any system that could do this out of the box. You could build your own, custom solution, I guess using the System OAI as it holds all of the information for everything the system is doing, but this is how the Intelligent Router works so it may be a faster solution. The good thing is that the Intelligent Router comes with Mitel's Customer Service Manager/ MiContact Center Office

Thanks,

TE
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 01:58:52 PM by Tech Electronics »

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 02:13:51 PM »
Would a recording beep be enough?  Dynametric makes one that sits in line with the handset at each phone.

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 06:49:59 PM »
Would a recording beep be enough?  Dynametric makes one that sits in line with the handset at each phone.

dwayneg,
Unfortunately a simple recording beep will not enough, they really want that recording to come on before the two party's start to converse. I do realize this is not a normal/typical request and I figured that some customization would probably be required. I will look into that "Intelligent Router" a bit more though.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10