Author Topic: Mitel NSU software load version 1.3  (Read 3948 times)

Offline melabum

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel NSU software load version 1.3
« on: September 24, 2014, 12:00:21 PM »
Dear All,

Please, I am in need of NSU software load 1.3 to flash an NSU connected to SX-2000 running LW 34 Rel 1. The NSU appeared corrupted and have continued to reboot repeatedly. Any  idea on where to download the needed software? I have gone through Mitel online software download but could not locate  the  needed software which usually come with 3300 ICP SW Rel.  4.1 to 5.2
I was able to locate 3300 ICP software Rel. 3.3, 6.0, 7.0  till 9.0.

Please, your valued response is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Melabum

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel NSU software load version 1.3
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 01:36:36 PM »
The NSU should be downloading the appropriate flash from the SX-2000. IMAT should be able to convert a database to whatever NSU version you need. I suspect you have a defective NSU.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 03:45:15 PM »
I think he wants to try and reformat and reload the nsu, per the nsu flash knowledge base article

Offline melabum

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 05:11:50 AM »
I think the problem has to do with the software load of the NSU. We flashed the NSU with ver 1.6 that comes with 3300 ICP Rel 7.0 which I later learnt is not compatible with SX-2000. We are being advised to re-flash the NSU with software load (ver. 1.1)that comes with 3300 ICP Rel. 3.3.14.6.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 09:12:32 AM »
It's been a while since I worked on either an NSU or an SX-2000, but I believe when the 2K establishes comm with the NSU it will check the firmware level and if there's a mismatch it will re-flash it. You should be able to connect to the serial port of the NSU (38400-8-n-1, I think) and watch it boot up. I may have instructions on how to manually re-flash an NSU somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

Offline melabum

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 06:24:46 PM »
Dear all,

Here is the details of E1 challenge:

The system was working well until it was shut down for usual maintenance services which entail the removal of accumulated dust using electric powered dust blower. When the PABX was powered back to operation, we observed surprisingly that the entire configured database was lost and defaulted to factory settings.

We took the pain and re-configured the database however, despite the fact that the cabinet assignment was rightly done; we observed that the existing PRI Card (MC269AA) is no longer seen on the System Configuration form, as result could not be programmed or reconfigured.

A look at the PRI card through its serial port was continuously repeating "waiting for AFC". We were able login to the PRI card through IMAT and downloaded the configured database. Everything about the card seems good but could be recognized or seen by the Sx-2000.

Further, we brought in Universal NSU (PRI E1) running software load 1.6.0.11 and connected same to the Sx-2000 but again it could not see the NSU though it recognized the fibre interface card.  Given the knowledge that version 1.6.0.11 is not compatible with LW 34 rel.1 (the software load of the Sx-2000) we flashed the NSU and loaded the software version 1.1.0.13 but again the SX-2000 strangely could not see the NSU.

The hotel is at the moment without trunk lines for inbound and outbound call. It is really bad here.

Attached are the following:
1.   NSU Boot log Capture (Ver. 1.6.0.11 load)
2.   NSU Boot log Capture (Ver. 1.1.0.13 load)
3.   PRI Card Boot Log Capture
4.   SX-2000 Cabinet Assignment form
5.   SX-2000 Dimension and Feature Display
6.   System Configuration form

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 01:50:16 PM »
I'm not so sure the software load on the NSU is the problem. As I said, when the NSU establishes comm with the SX-2000, the PBX will check the current load on the NSU and re-flash it if there's a mismatch. Are you sure when you rebuilt the database you re-optioned it correctly, including entering the MOSS code and options in that form?

Offline melabum

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 04:36:36 AM »
Hello Lundah,

Here are some of the reconfigured forms as attached. Please, what is MOSS code?  It really could be a re-configuration issues but it beats my understanding that SX-2000 would not see or recognize both the PRI card and the NSU. 

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 08:19:39 PM »
It looks to me like the SX-2000 controller and the NSU aren't communicating with each other. However, I'm a little rusty on my SX-2000, and my old manuals are at the office. My recommendation would be to double check your physical connections and go through the programming step by step.

Offline melabum

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 01:12:57 AM »
Yes, they are not communicating and this has been the major issue. Usually as in 3300 controller, the SX-2000 should in the first place see or recognise the NSU or the PRI card as the case my be on the system configuration assignment form to enable the configuration of same and the subsequent programming of the digital link.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 01:18:18 AM by melabum »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10