Author Topic: Polycom Soundstation IP 7000 & Mitel Border Gateway  (Read 2236 times)

Offline bcolt

• View Profile
Polycom Soundstation IP 7000 & Mitel Border Gateway
« on: September 22, 2014, 04:08:28 PM »
Greetings,

One of my offices connects to our Mitel system (Mitel 3300) via a Mitel Border Gateway. They would like to put a Polycom Soundstation IP 7000 in their conference room. I have configured two such devices in our main office where the Mitel phones connect directly to the LAN. Has anybody had experience connecting one of these (or similar) to the Mitel Border Gateway? The documentation from Polycom is less than helpful. Oh, yeah, we use SIP...

Thanks,
BColt

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Polycom Soundstation IP 7000 & Mitel Border Gateway
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 08:34:53 AM »
I can't remember if I've ever connected a Polycom to a MBG or not.
I can't imagine that it's any different than connecting any other SIP softphone.
If I remember the steps: Point the Polycom to the MBG.   Manually add the phone in the MBG.

Ralph

Offline bcolt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 05:17:00 PM »
Thanks for the reply Ralph.

Any idea what port & protocol the MBG uses for SIP devices? I found some documentation online but it is more confusing than helpful. The Polycom device has about three different "server" settings; I'm still trying to figure out which one to configure.

Also, when you say "manually add the pone in the MBG", what exactly do you mean? I added a SIP device to the MBG for the Polycom, but there isn't anywhere to enter in the MAC for the phone.

Thanks,
BColt

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 04:49:32 AM »
Never done it but you will probably need to add the polycom to the 3300 as a SIP device(there are crib sheets for that) and then you can add this to the MBG as a teleworker. You may need to add this manually but you would enter the extension number from the 3300 that you get when you add it there. I would register it locally to the 3300 first if you can so you know it works.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10