Author Topic: New Ring group - Pilot Number Used Elsewhere  (Read 3390 times)

Offline ThurstonH

• Contributer
    • View Profile
New Ring group - Pilot Number Used Elsewhere
« on: September 22, 2014, 03:44:39 PM »
Hello everyone, sorry for my continued 'noobish' questions  :)

So, we have an extension here that is currently acting as a basic Call Director mailbox. This mailbox is essentially: Dial 1 for immediate help (goes to a speed dial cellphone) or leave a message.

I'm trying to adjust this extension so instead of being a Call Director mailbox, it is a cascading ring group. The current mailbox number (6430) would become the ring group, and then the last part of the cascade would be a new mailbox (6420) that mirrors what our current mailbox does. Essentially we'd be putting 2 phones in front of the mailbox.

The problem is that despite deleting the 6430 mailbox and call director from our system, I am still being told "The new pilot number is used elsewhere." when trying to create 6430 as a Ring Group. I've tried some locate commands through maintenance to try and find this extension and where else it may be used, but I'm having no luck.

Could anyone help?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: New Ring group - Pilot Number Used Elsewhere
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 04:00:04 PM »
The command is "locate number <num>"
It will tell you where it's programmed.
If you have more than one system in the cluster then you may have to check more.

Note: if you delete a mailbox it doesn't delete the associated extension it's programed to.

Ralph

Offline ThurstonH

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 04:06:23 PM »
Thanks Ralph  :)

Tried that command and was greeted by this lovely message: "The number refers to a Non Prime Broadcast Group"

I notice there's an entry under Multiline Appearance Groups, but I can't remove it.

Offline ThurstonH

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 05:39:44 PM »
Ok, I seem to have resolved my initial issue, but I've come up with something new.

I've created a Ring Group that dials 3 numbers. The first 2 are always on desk phones, the last number is a mailbox. It does not go to the mailbox, and instead keeps dialing the second last number.

Any thoughts?

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 08:10:15 PM »
You need to use the timers in the ring group to allow the caller to sit in the RG as desired and then go to the overflow point (VM).

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10