Author Topic: 5 Clustered MCDs / Central Nupoint AA Answer point / Internet Fails / Calls Fail  (Read 1864 times)

Offline Hovus

• View Profile
Hey Folks!

Background info: Customer with 5 sites, MCDs clustered and a single Nupoint at the main location that has Call Director Mailboxes for each site's respective AAs. Analog lines at each site (boo, i know).

Issue: Remote site will lose internet, basically killing connection to main location's Nupoint that answers calls for all locations. When that happens, callers are getting busy tone.

Is there a way to route the call to the receptionist of a "down" location when that location's link to Nupoint is down?
I've tried creating a phantom and pointing the calls to that phantom with calls rerouted first alt to Nupoint call director and second alt to reception, but it doesn't failover. I've tried using the Intercept Handling form to send calls on Trunk Out Of Service to reception and that didn't work either (long shot at best, since trunk isn't really down).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I'm grasping at straws at this point and Mitel hasn't been the most helpful.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
The trunk should be down if it can't reach the other controller.
Are you sure you applied the intercept to the right trunks?  It should be against the XNET trunks.

You may have to pull some PFM here.
Here's something that you might be able to do.
1) create a XNET loop back trunk at the remote controller.
2) Create a route that absorbs all the digits and inserts the extension of your local receptionist.
3) Create a route list that has the normal route as it's 1st choice and the loopback as it's second.

Now if the remote end is unreachable then it should follow the loop back and hit your receptionist.

Ralph

Offline Hovus

• View Profile
Yeah, was applied to XNET trunks.

Your solution seems to be geared toward outbound calls, no? or would that incoming call somehow refer to ARS? I'm a bit confused...mostly a 5000 tech so this whole 3300 steps to get anything working is a bit frustrating...

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
It would apply to any call routing to the system where your NuPoint is.

Ralph

Offline Hovus

• View Profile
Thanks Ralph, your method worked wonderfully. Just got done testing with the customer for all the sites. You, sir, are a genius!

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
You, sir, are a genius!

::)
Aw. Shucks.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10