Author Topic: Surviavable Site  (Read 2985 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Surviavable Site
« on: September 19, 2014, 03:02:06 PM »
Hello,

I am setting up a survivable remote site and I have only done one other many years ago. The site is in my cluster and everything is working fine from the stand point of using a phone at the new site and calling all of our locations. The site is not live yet and was doing some work on the WAN which bounced the circuit a few times. The next day I found out the test phone reset itself as it's asking for a PIN.

When I started to look further into this I realized that under user and device on the new site none of phones were there. I added them to the master of course and selected the new site as the secondary controller. I believe this is a sync issue as under the "SDS form sharing" then "user" the "user and device configuration is greyed out on the master controller and the other working survivable site. When I look at the error logs the new S. site tells me the phone is not in the telephone directory. I have spot checked the directory on the other sites and the phone is there just fine as it should be the same directory for all sites. I'm not sure why it won't sync as it won't give me anything more specific.

Thanks,

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Re: Surviavable Site
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 03:14:19 PM »
Here is the error for the telephone directory not syncing.

Maintenance
Log Number      1723
Severity      Error
Date      2014/Sep/19
Time      14:10:24
Source      System Data Synchronization (SDS)
Description      Cannot sync record # 342 for <Telephone Directory> (The Telephone Number is unknown.): <<Name=doe, john><Number=1462><Prime Name=No><Privacy=No><Cluster Element Id/Int/Ext/Speed Call= ><Department=><Location=><PNI=><GUID=3f0b74c0-3d9e-11e4-831a-08000f29b190>>
Module      Main
File Name and Line Number      Maintenance;0

Offline MitelAvayaNortel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 10:50:47 AM »
Is anything synchronising between the controllers?

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 01:30:15 PM »
Check to make sure that you are sharing with this site under the Voice Networks forms.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 02:26:20 PM »
On the main site under Network Elements data sharing is set to Yes. I went to go look to see if anything was syncing up but now it's telling me my user ID was entered incorrectly or password. I have tried multiple times and making sure my caps is off. I'm not sure why I cannot log in. I'm hoping a reboot will resolve this.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 03:30:37 PM »
Hello,

the two sites must be syncing to some degree as I reset the password on another username for myself to see if I could get in and the system allowed me. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 08:15:03 PM »
Do you have other SDS errors?

Try to make the DN non-resilient and save, then change it back to resilient and see if the change goes through. If not, it should generate a new SDS error log that tells you why it failed.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 08:30:49 AM »
There was no SDS errors on the main PBX. I tried what you suggested and when I moved it back to resilient it did not sync with the other PBX. The SDS log is below and provides little from what I can see.

thansk,

Action ID  86536
Date/Time  2014-SEP-23 07:26:58
Last Retried  2014-SEP-23 07:27:03 
To  RiverCity
Action  modify
Form Name  Hosted User Service
Reason  View error occurred but no error code was reported.

Detail   

Hosted User Service Guid  426016a0-4283-11e4-831a-08000f29b190
  Service Alias  1465
  Primary Host  West

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 08:40:06 AM »
I just noticed that on the new site under "shared system options" DPNSS/QSIG Diversion Enabled is set to Yes where as the other resilient site is set to NO. Should the new site also be NO. I read the help files and don't think this would have any affect but I'm not 100% sure.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 08:43:27 AM »
DPNSS/QSIG Diversion Enabled

This needs to be consistent in among all systems in your cluster.

Ralph

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 08:47:37 AM »
Thanks I will set it to NO.

I just tried switching a phone back and forth again and received a better log. The SDS on the main PBX said to check the logs on the remote PBX. Where is the Device Data Group and how do I sync it up? When I look under sync options on the main site I don't see anything related to this.

Log Number      1478
Severity      Warning
Date      2014/Sep/23
Time      07:36:50
Source      GDM Hosted Service CAVH
Description      The service hosting data for DN 1465 is not aligned.In order to align this, you must perform a sync of the Device Data group of forms from network element West to this system.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10